Bob hairstyles really look trendy and beautiful at all times and that’s why you should know that this hairstyle will never go out of style. During summer time, the weather tends to get hot, so, long hair will not be a good option and cutting it too short might not sound cool to most of you, this leaves us with a bob haircut option because it stops just above the shoulder.
You should also know that anyone can wear a bob hairstyle as long she has a nice jawline and neck.If you have a round face, then you should go for a long or medium bob..
and when it comes to hair texture, bob hairstyles work best on thin to medium hair textures and they will not look good on people with fine hair textures unless if they go for a graduated bob which will make wonders for fine hair textures because it has stacked layers which are cut shorter at the back and remain longer at the front giving your hair the needed body, volume and height towards the crown area.
This article will feature different bob hairstyles and I think you will be able to find a bob style that will perfectly work for you depending on your hair texture and face shape. However, bob hairstyles will look good on you in case you’re going for a simple party or even an important party. You can even add bangs to your bob hairstyle because they will help to frame your face in case you have a long fore head hence making you to look beautiful and perfect for any occasion.
1. Smooth Short Bob
2. Capless Bob
HOW TO STYLE:
The lady featured above has an amazing short bob hairstyle with lots of textured layers all over her head making this lady to look very simple, beautiful and cute. This bob hairstyle has a soft side swept bang that stops right above her eye brows which helps to bring out that amazingly beautiful look. The steps given below will guide you on how to style this particular bob haircut in case you want to try it out;
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo and then apply a small amount of gloss conditioner through it but you should mostly concentrate on the crown area and the hair ends.
- Blow dry hair using a good quality blow-dryer with a diffuser attachment while tousling your hair backwards in order to create that messy texture.
- Using a medium paddle brush, gently comb your hair to make it smooth and straight then add bangs by pushing some of your hair forward in order to get that cute complete look.
- Conclude by applying a shining hair spray on your bangs and then all over your hair to make your hair shiny and firm for the whole day.
- This is a short graduated layered bob wig with a face framing bang which can also be worn to the sides or even brushed forward. This sassy bob wig is very easy to wear compared to other wigs.
- It is made from 100% human hair which makes this wig very comfortable when wearing it and even wear it for the whole day or even everyday with minimum maintenance required.
- The wig comes with a cap less cap construction which helps to provide air or ventilation when wearing the wig and also creates an illusion of natural hair growth in areas where your hair is parted.
- Brush gently before washing it or after drying it in order to prevent it from getting damaged, do this with a good quality wide toothed brush like ‘Olivia Garden Healthy Hair Ionic Massage Hair Brush‘ which restores hair, balance and shines, and has anti-static, anti-bacterial and ergonomic handles.
- Acquire and use a heat protection hairspray in order to protect your hair from heat produced by heat styling tools like blow dryers, straightening and curling irons in case your found of using them more often.
- After washing your hair, blow dry it with blow dryer that is been set to the lowest heat setting so that you don’t expose your hair to excessive heat that is produced by the blow dryers.
- Use hair styling products that will not weigh your hair down and also avoid using products which are too oily because they will make your hair greasy and create build-up with it. Try to use hair products that contain natural ingredients because they will keep your hair strong, smooth and soft.
- Don’t style or comb your wig when it’s still wet because this will severely damage your wig and it will even become old or worn out in very short period time.
- Never use a shampoo or conditioner that is not meant for human hair wigs because such hair products may contain chemicals which are too harsh on your wig hair and will even make the wig hair to fall off.
- Gently brush your wig with a wig brush, avoid using regular brushes to comb your wig because they can severely damage the wig hair, and try not to over brush your wig because this will also damage your hair.
- Store or keep your wig on a wig stand when you’re not using it. The wig stand will help to keep your wig in good shape and you can also cover your wig with a net in case you don’t use it regularly in order to prevent dust from falling over it. Purchase a wig stand like ‘Hair Art Foldable Wig Stand’for easy Styling and Safe Keeping of your wig After Use.
3. Capless Chic Bob Wig
4. Classic Bob Style
HOW TO STYLE:
The lady has a cheek length bob hairstyle which has wispy full front bangs that help to frame her face making her to look very simple, cute and pretty. This bob hairstyle looks perfect on people with oval faces and you should tryout this style in case you’re tired of having long hairstyles. In case you wish to have bob hairstyle like this one then follow these steps below to guide you through the styling process;
- Use a good hair shampoo to wash your hair, do this gently so that you don’t damage your hair and scalp. This will help to make your hair smooth and frizz free. Remember to comb through your hair before washing it using a wide toothed brush or by raking your fingers through hair.
- Section your hair by parting it to the sides and leave some hair to drop downwards, push some hair forward in order to create those wispy front bangs, but do this carefully with a wide toothed comb.
- Dry your hair with a blow dryer together with a paddle brush;set the blow dryer to the lowest heat setting and then start by drying under the bangs then the rest of your hair.This will help to make your hair smooth, shiny and soft after drying.
- Use a good flat iron on a low heat setting to make your hair straight and smooth. It is advisable to first apply heat protection spray before you expose it to heat tools because heat can easily make your hair brittle and very dry. Brush through your hair with a wide toothed brush or comb in order to remove any remaining knots and tangles from it and to make it smooth and straight.
- Apply a shining and firm holding hair spray to your hair after you have finished styling it. This will help to make your hair firm and super shiny all day long.
- This is a short classic bob styled wig which has a shorter crown and side lengths. It also has a some wispy textured front bangs which help to frame your face perfectly wearing this wig.
- It is made from high quality synthetic fiber that feels and even looks like real human hair hence this means that you will feel very comfortable when putting on this wig. This type of synthetic fiber can also be styled in many different ways and even with heat styling tools.
- The wig comes with cap less cap construction which helps to ventilate the wig hence making you to feel cool at the scalp when wearing this wig.This cap construction also helps to create an illusion of natural hair growth in areas where your wig is parted.
- Get rid of split ends by regularly trimming your hair using good quality hair shears to cut off these split ends. Women who have perfect hairstyles always make it a priority to trim their hair. So you should try to carryout regular hair trims like after 6 to 8 weeks.
- Wash your hair gently with a shampoo that suits your hair type and texture because it works on your hair perfectly. Use a gentle shampoo in case you have straight and oily hair, and if you have curly hair then you will have to use a frizz minimizing and softening shampoo.
- Go for a hair conditioner that will work on your hair depending on its length, type and treatment damage.Conditioning your hair every time you shampoo is the best way that you can make that conditioner effective. You should also try to deep condition your hair for at least once in a week and try to purchase a deep conditioner like ‘Deep Conditioner from Mixed Chicks’ which Softens hair, Detangles hair, Moisturizes hair.
- Thoroughly wash your synthetic wig with cool water using a mild shampoo and conditioner. Make sure water flows in the same direction of your hair when rinsing it to avoid tangling.
- Try as much as you can to avoid using phosphate based shampoos because they will damage your wig fibers. Use your fingers to gently distribute the shampoo evenly throughout your hair. Purchase a shampoo like ‘DEMERT Wig Shampoo’ which cleanses your wig thoroughly.
- Detangle your wig using a wig brush or comb and you can even pass your fingers through your wig in order to remove any remaining knots and tangles. Do this starting from the hair ends while working upwards up to the base cape.
5. Classic A-line Bob Wig
6. Short Bob Style Lace Front
7. Curly Short Grey Bob
HOW TO STYLE:
This lady has a medium length adorable bob hairstyles with curls all over your head. Creating a proper curly bob hairstyle is one of the most difficult things to execute because many stylists fear it when it comes to curly hair. This style will look perfect on you in case you have an oval or square face shape and should also make sure that this bob style goes shorter than your chin in order to achieve best results. This blonde bob hairstyle is also parted to the sides with minimal layers which help to keep your hair looking full. Below are some of the steps that you should follow when styling a curly bob hairstyle?
- Begin with washing your hair by applying good quality shampoo and conditioner to your hair, massage these hair products gently into your hair and scalp because this will help to control frizz and soften your hair. Always apply any styling products to your hair when it is still damp and after comb through it using your fingers or a wide toothed comb.
- Part hair to the sides and then push the remaining hair in front in order to create the wispy front bangs while using a wide toothed comb.
- Get a small barreled curling iron and then use it to curl your entire head of hair in order to create that curly feathered hairstyle. You should hold your hair vertically when curling in order to create more of a ringlet curly hairstyle.
- After, pass your fingers through in order to loosen your curls, this will help to add volume, texture and bounce to your curls making them to look fun and very cute.
- Conclude with a good hairspray like shining or firm holding spray because this will help to hold those curls in one place and even make them to look shiny and complete for the whole day.
- This is a curly synthetic blonde bob wig wispy and feathered front bangs which help to frame your face shape perfectly. This is a classic curly wig that looks very cute and amazing hence this means that you can style it when going for any important occasion or even for a simple party.
- The wig is made from high quality synthetic fibers which look and feel like real human hair and can even be styled with heat styling tools. The fiber material is so soft, gentle and even very light hence this means that you will very comfortable when wearing this wig.
- It also comes with a cap less cap construction which helps to create an illusion of natural hairline and hair growth in areas where your hair is parted and also facilitates ventilation within your wig hence making you to feel very comfortable when wearing this wig.
- Use a good quality heat protect-ant spray in order to protect your hair from heat produced by heat styling tools such as blow dryers, straightening and curling irons if you use them more often.
- Try to blow dry your hair using the lowest heat setting so that you don’t expose your natural hair to excessive heat produced by the blow dryer.
- Use a good quality wide toothed brush to comb your hair upwards starting from the roots to the tips because this will help to make your hair shiny, smooth and will also give it volume.Use a wide toothed brush like ’Phillips Light Touch 6 Hair Brush ‘ which removes tangles and makes your hair smooth and gentle.
- Always brush your hair after drying it in order to avoid frizz and tangling. Never try to comb wet hair because at this point your hair strands are very weak this means that your hair will be more vulnerable to breakages.
- Make sure that you keep or store your wig on a wig stand when you’re at home. This wig stand will help to keep your wig in shape and also prevent it from getting tangles.
- Never style your wig immediately after washing it when it is still wet because this can severely damage the wig hair fibers and even make the wig to look very old.
- Try not to use shampoos that are meant to work on human hair wigs on your synthetic wig because such types of shampoos tend to be too harsh on synthetic wigs and even make the wig fibers to fall off.
- Gently brush your synthetic wig with a good quality wig brush, avoid using regular brushes to comb your wig because it will severely damage the wig fibers, and don’t comb your wig too much. Purchase a synthetic wig shampoo like ‘Brandy wine Non Static Shampoo‘ which cleans and also conditions your wig.
8. Classic Nicki Minaj Short Straight Bob
9. Short Straight Black African American
10. Long Lace Front Bob
HOW TO STYLE:
This woman has a medium length bob hairstyle with long layers throughout the style that help to add movement and it also has soft waves that create a bouncy beautiful effect to this hairstyle. This lady has thick hair that really looks perfect and amazing with this type of bob haircut which slightly falls past the chin length and also has some waves and wispy front bangs which frame her round face perfectly hence creating a fun asymmetrical appearance. Below are the steps that you can follow when creating this thick medium bob hairstyle?
- Start with cleaning or washing your hair with a good quality shampoo and conditioner; gently massage the conditioner into your scalp and hair so that it can become thoroughly clean.
- Rinse your hair properly using cool or Luke-warm water; this will help to make your hair smooth and shiny when it is completely dry.
- Use a silk or micro fiber towel to gently pat your hair in order to remove excess water from it. Don’t squeeze, twist or even rub your hair when drying it with a towel because this will damage the hair strands.
- After, use a blow dryer to dry under your hair but keep a distance when doing this because heat from such tools can easily damage your hair severely.
- When your hair is completely dry, part it deeply onto the sides using a wide toothed comb but do this gently so that you don’t damage your hair.
- Get a flat iron and use it to level your wispy front bangs under. Continue using a flat iron in order to straighten out your hair strands throughout the entire hairstyle.
- Use a large curling iron to create the wavy hair texture throughout the entire hairstyle.
- Pass your fingers through your hairstyle in order to loosen your waves and then finish off by applying your favorite firm holding and shining hairspray in order to make your hair smooth, firm and shiny all day long.
- This is a long synthetic bob wig with a thick hair texture making it to look very natural and amazing.The wig has some wispy front bangs that frame out any face shape and also has some waves in it making it to look very simple and cute when wearing it.
- The wig is made with high quality synthetic fiber which makes this wig to feel very soft, smooth and comfortable when wearing it. This type of synthetic fiber can even be styled like natural human hair and you can even style it with heat styling tools like blow-dryer, curling irons, etc.
- It comes with a monofilament top which helps to create an illusion of hair growth in sections where your hair is parted.
- This wig also has a lace front cap construction which spans across the entire perimeter of your wig and even helps to create an illusion of natural hairline.
- Use your hair conditioner regularly in order to maintain and repair split ends of your hair and a shampoo for at least twice a week in order to give your hair that natural shiny and smooth look. Buy a hair shampoo like ‘NexxusVitaTress Biotin Shampoo’ For fine, fragile, thinning hair, Treating hair loss with renowned revitalizing botanicals, and cleanse the scalp of excess sebum.
- Only use the right hair products if you wish to achieve best results from your hair, try to purchase and use good quality shampoos, conditioners, hairsprays, mousses, gels, etc. so that you always provide the best to your hair.
- Air-dry your hair sometimes in case you have time in order to get that natural shiny hair texture, this is also the best way to dry your hair because it does not require use of any heat tools to dry your hair hence this keeps your hair healthy.
- Blow drying is good for drying hair because it gives you a more perfected look but you should also know that it causes some damage to your hair if used on a regular basis because of the heat that comes out of this blow dryer which can make your hair to look very brittle and dry.
10. Forward Bob
11. Medium Straight Human Hair Bob
12. Short Bob Synthetic Wig
HOW TO STYLE:
The lady you see in the picture above has short smooth and straight bob hairstyle with some textured layers throughout making it to look very modern but also very cute. The bob style has a soft full front bang that stops right above the eye brows and also helps to frame out that oval shaped face hence bringing out that cute and beautiful look. Below are some of the steps that will show you how to style this bob hairstyle;
- Clean your hair with a good quality shampoo and then apply a small amount of hair conditioner through but gently. This will help to make your hair clean, smooth, and shiny when it dry’s.
- Use a towel to pat excess water from your hair and then blow-dry your hair while tousling it backwards in order to create that complicated thick texture.
- Acquire and use medium sized paddle brush to create the wispy bangs and then comb through your hair in order to make it straight and smooth.
- Flat iron your hair in order to make it super straight and smooth then flip it inwards in order to create that amazing curvy bob hairstyle. Remember to use a heat protection hairspray before flat ironing in order to protect your hair from heat produced by this tool.
- Complete the entire styling process by applying a shiny and firm holding hairspray on your bob hairstyle in order to get that complete look and feel.
- This is a short, sleek and smooth bob wig which is achieved by using razor cuts in order to create the sharper and more distinctive edges. This style also has beveled fullness around the sides and the nape hence making it a perfect face framing hairstyle.
- It is made of high quality synthetic fiber which feels and looks like natural hair and will make you to feel very comfortable when wearing this wig.
- The wig comes with lace front cap construction which helps to create an illusion of natural hairline around the entire perimeter.
- This wig also has adjustable pull tab hence this makes the wig to fit on almost any head size or shape.
- Don’t wash your hair every day because shampoos and conditioners will wash away the natural oils from your hair and hence making it to look very dry and brittle. You should only wash your hair twice a week in order to achieve best results.
- Avoid heat styling tools like curling and flat irons on a regular basis because they will expose your hair to excess heat and make your hair dry and brittle with in a month.
- Use a good heat protection hairspray in order to protect your hair from excessive heat produced by styling tools like blow dryers, curling irons, etc. However you should know that this heat protection spray just keeps away most of the damage but not all of it. ’
- Don’t brush hair immediately after having a shower because wet hair is always weak and can easily be damaged if brushed.If you try to brush it at this point. Only brush your hair before going for the shower with a wide toothed comb in order to prevent tangling and tugging of hair during the washing process.
- Only wash your wig after wearing it for over 20 times, this will help to sustain the shape, color and structure of your wig. Your wig will also be able to last for a longer period compared to the wigs which are washed on a daily basis.
- Comb your wig gently using a wide toothed wig comb and you should avoid brushing your hair every day because this will make the wig fibers weak hence they will end up breaking in the long run.
- Deep condition your wig after using it for a couple of weeks in order to keep it soft and shiny, avoid conditioning your wig on a daily basis and always try to rinse out all the conditioner using cold water in order to prevent build up in your wig. You should purchase and also try using a deep conditioner ‘ ’
13. Medium Length Classic Bob
14. Anne Hathaway Pixie Bob
15. Straight Chin Length Bob
Source of the pictures: http://www.wigs800.com