Women like long hair but they don’t know that at times it can be inconvenient though it gives a woman that feminine feel and look. However, short hair is very amazing because it will bring out those hidden features which look beautiful on you that are normally covered by long hair and hence making you to look attractive when you have a short haircut.In this article you will find many cute short hairstyles that will work for you.
Styling and maintaining a short haircut is very easy and cheap compared to long hair and that’s why most teenagers opt for these short haircuts.Today , most Celebrities have decided to go for short haircuts because they make them to really look trendy and beautiful. Most treasured haircuts they usually go for include; the short bob, short pixie haircuts, to mention a few. These short haircuts are also very comfortable to have because they don’t keep a lot of heat like long hair hence if you’re tired of having that long hairstyle and you really want to tryout something new then tryout any short haircut but first consult your hairstylist to know which haircut style works best for your hair depending on its texture and type.
1. Kris by Revlon
HOW TO STYLE:
The featured above short pixie haircut is full of texture hence making her to look simple but very cute. If you have thick hair, this hairstyle will probably be the best option for you. This haircut has layers at the top and on the sides with side swept bangs which are on the same level with the eyebrows hence making you to look cute and feminine. Here are some of the steps that you can use to make this gorgeous short haircut below;
- First wash your hair thoroughly with cold water and then apply hair products to it when its still damp because these products will work best with moist or damp hair compared to dry hair.
- Secondly, pass your fingers through your hair while blow drying it, this will help to detangle your hair and also make it shiny when it is dry. Do this carefully so that you don’t damage your strands.
- To add that beautiful texture to your hair, use a hair styling product that suits your type of hair and texture,ensure you use little amounts of it in order to achieve good results.
- Finally, use a good quality firm holding and shining hair spray to give that complete look and feel to your haircut.
- This pixie wig has a sophisticated, short and tapered style.
- The wig is made of human hair which helps to offer you the most natural look and feel. This implies that this wig can be styled with heat tools. You can wear this wig like the way you would with your own hair because it is a ready to wear wig.
- It has a monofilament top which is hand knotted that creates an appearance of natural hair growth where hair is parted, You need to part hair in any direction style in any best for you.
- This wig has an open wefting in the sides and at the back of the cap making it breathable and light weight.
- Maintain your short hair with a good shampoo and conditioner in order to keep it healthy and shiny. I suggest using ‘Free and Clear Hair Shampoo and Conditioner’ which leaves your hair feeling clean and manageable.It aslo helps to prevent breakages and tangles.Even works on all hair types and does not contain any chemicals like; dyes, fragrance, or even parabens.
- Make regular hair trims; to keep your short hair looking great, you will need to maintain its shape by carrying out regular trims every after 4-5 weeks to remove any split ends hence keeping your short hair looking best.
- Avoid overloading hair products into your hair; you need these hair styling products to keep your strands in shape, but some of these care products will do more harm than good to your hair in the long run. Avoid over using products that make your hair dull and greasy like gels and pomades because they will make your hair strands to look oily and lifeless.
- Use special combs that are made to brush your wig like a wide toothed brush and remember to regularly brush your wig especially after using it, brush it beginning from the bottom and gently work your way upwards. I would like to recommend you to try using ‘My Wet Brush Hair Brush’ which has super soft intelliflex bristles that easily detangles hair even when its wet, works on any type of hair and also works very well on extensions and wigs.
- Always use cold water to wash and rinse off any remaining shampoo. You should try to use a mild conditioner on your hairpiece because it reduces the risk of tangling on your human hair wig.
- After washing your wig, place it on a dry towel and allow the towel to absorb the excess water from the wig. You should also wash your human wigs for at least once after wearing it for 14 to 18 times .
2. H-Lynn by Motown Tress
HOW TO STYLE:
This is a short bob haircut with full front bangs which fall right above the eyebrows, the African American lady featured above looks very beautiful and classy with this type of hairstyle because it matches oval shaped face and this hairstyle has smooth sides that lay on the same level with the cheek bone making you feel very comfortable and easy to style in your desired style. It has precise layers allover that help to create a full wedge. Styling this haircut can be very easy in case you try to read through these steps below;
- Apply a styling creme to your damp hair and then use a round brush together with a blow dryer to dry your hair.
- Create the sharp perfect edges with flat iron but don’t use too much heat because you may end up burning your hair.
- To protect your hair against humidity, use a light holding hairspray and this spray will also help to make your hair shiny.
- This is a short bob haircut that is made of human hair and it’s black in color.
- The wig comes with an average cap size design which makes you to feel cool and comfortable for the whole day.
- It is made of 100% top grade human hair which means that you can style it just like your own natural hair.
- It also comes with a side skin part which helps to give that natural look in sections where the hair is parted.
- Wash short hair often but not daily; you should at least wash you short hair 3 times a week but make sure you don’t exceed 5 times because your hair will become over dry.
- Go for a shampoo and conditioner that prevents hair frizzness and also leaves your hair texture smooth.For example you can use ‘Black 15 in 1 Miracle Hair Treatment Shampoo and Conditioner Duo Set’ which is made of many different natural and nourishing ingredients and works on all hair types.Its sulphate free and paraben free, to help repair surface damage of your hair shafts and also strengthen hair while preventing moisture loss.
- Never blow dry your short hair because this will make short hair to frizz up and also stand on the ends, you should also avoid over straightening short hair because it will end up breaking in the long run.
- Never use hot water to wash your wigs because it will make the wig to lose its shape and structure. However, use a special wig shampoo like ‘Awesome Human Hair Wig Shampoo’ which will help to moisturize and replenish your human hair wig.
- Gently brush your hairpiece /wig with a wig brush but don’t over brush it because you may cause damage to it.
- Allow the wig to dry at room temperatures by putting it over a slender canister in order to allow air circulation through it. Don’t put the wig on a head stand when it is still wet because this will stretch its cap.
3. Tia by Noriko
HOW TO STYLE:
This short haircut has a top that has been cut shorter towards the face and longer in the back making it really simple. The haircut has spiked layers allover and front side swept bang which helps to bring out that feminine look. You should try to go for such a hairstyle because it is very comfortable to have and when it comes to styling it, you can finish styling it in just a few minutes. Below are some of the steps that can guide you on how to style this cute haircut;
- Clean your hair and after apply a hair styling product until your hair is completely dry. The styling product can be a gel, mousse or even a spray but remember not to apply too much of it into your hair.
- Gently pass your fingers through your hair to remove any tangles and after, use a blow dryer to dry it, don’t over dry your hair but just make sure that it is dry and moist in case you wish to achieve good results.
- Style and make the bangs smooth with a flat iron. Make sure you set the flat iron to a moderate heat setting so that you don’t burn your hair.
- Use a hair styling product like a hair spray to add texture to you hair and to also make it look shiny and firm throughout the whole day.
- This is a synthetic hair fiber wig with cropped layers that look to be spiky. This short haircut wig is a ready to wear and also has a rich hair texture.
- It has a longer neckline and front wispy bangs, it also has a closed crown which gives it a good lift and volume and you can get this wig in different colors.
- The wig comes with a monofilament top which is used to create an illusion of real natural hair growth in sections where your hair is parted .It makes styling easy for you as you try out any styles that rocks you up.
- Avoid using too much of styling products on your hair; these product will make your greasy and oily hence it becomes heavy making it very hard to style. Never leave these products in your hair over the night and make sure you rinse them out using cold water and good shampoo. I advice you to use ‘Organic Excellence Shampoo Chemical Free‘ which will help to restore your scalp and hair follicles to their healthy natural state. Its rich in natural ingredients that works very well with all hair types.
- Use a strong deep conditioner on your hair because it will prevent your hair from breaking and also shield its natural color.
- Get to know about your hair texture and type from a professional hairstylist.Never the less find this out by yourself easily by washing your hair and after rinsing it, wait for 5 minutes to see what happens to it with this method you will know whether your hair is straight, curly, wavy, or a combination of all these types.
- Gently brush the wig using a wig brush to remove any tangle from it and then shampoo it and use cold water to wash it.
- Always place your wig on your wig on wig stand in case you’re not using it and you can also use ‘Styrofoam Wig Head’ if you have a lace wig.
- Avoid using products that produce excess heat like hair dryers, blow dryers, and curling irons because they will severely damage your wig and make it to lose its shape and structure.
4. Allure Large by Jon Renau
HOW TO STYLE:
This lady has a messy short haircut which really looks good on her oval shaped face. This hairstyle is graduated on the sides and at the top making it light and hence very comfortable for anyone who wears it. The haircut has some soft side swept bangs which lay just above the eyebrows making this lady to really pretty and cute. However, to style your hair like this lady you will need to follow these steps below;
- Apply any styling hair product to your hair like a mousse, gel, or any other product before washing your hair.
- Thoroughly wash your hair and then use a wide toothed brush to build volume on the sides and on top of your hair.
- Use your shiny and firm holding hairspray to set style to your hair making it firm and shiny during the day.
- This is a short haircut wig in form of a short refined pixie hairstyle with feminine layers, the wig is made of pre-styled synthetic hair that feels and looks like natural hair, it is also a ready to wear wig.
- The wig has an open wefting in the basic cap which helps to create better air ventilation and also providing more coolness to your scalp hence making this wig breathable and lightweight for a more comfortable fit.
- You can also get several different looks with this type of layered short wig and only use synthetic styling products to care and maintain for this wig.
- The wig also comes with a monofilament top which creates an illusion natural hair in parted areas.
- Always cleanse your hair using a hair mask but do this for at least once in a week to help replenish and to also treat your hair. A hair mask will help to keep your hair healthy and to also control some hair oils for example you can use ‘Macadamia Natural Oil Moisturizing Rinse’ which provides deep nourishment and long lasting conditioning to your hair.
- Decide to air dry your hair in order to avoid heat damage from blow dryers.
- Choose a good quality shampoo and conditioner that best suits your hair and try to use a shampoo that will control the natural hair oils but not to get rid of them.
- Use cold water plus a good quality shampoo to wash your wig, never use hot water to wash your wigs because it will actually compromise the wig style and structure.
- Never sleep with your wig on because it will lose its shape and structure therefore you should acquire a wig stand on which to place your wig in case you’re not using it or even at night, you can buy a ‘Durable Stable Folding Wig Stand/ Cap Holder Stand/ Wig Dryer’ which you will use to keep, dry and style your wig on.
- Always try to use a wide toothed comb or a wire wig brush to brush your wig, avoid using regular brushes because they will severely damage your wig.
5. Blair by Jon Renau
HOW TO STYLE:
This lady has a classic bob short haircut that looks soft and touchable. This style has some short layers and full soft front bangs making this lady to really look great and beautiful. If you’re over 40 years then i think it’s high time you tried out this haircut because it will make you to look simple and younger. The steps below will guide you on how to style this particular hair style in case you need to try it out;
- Get to the shower and then wash your hair with a good shampoo followed by a hair conditioner.
- Blow dry your hair while using your finger to remove any remaining tangles from it, and then apply a hair styling creme because it will provide flexibility and texture to your hair
- Get a flat iron with a low heat setting in order to make your hair straight and smooth. But make sure you apply a heat protection spray before you start using this flat iron
- To get that shiny and smooth look, use a firm holding and shiny hair spray allover your hair.
- This is a classic chin length bob haircut with wispy full bangs which fall just above your eye brows.
- It comes with an open cap which makes the wig light and also most comfortable fit.
- The wig is made of synthetic fiber hair that is soft, light and vibrant.
- Wash hair your every after 2 -3 days but not daily. This helps to keep your hair looking healthy and shiny, don’t try to wash your hair daily because you will rip it off its natural oils.
- After applying a shampoo to your hair, use a hair conditioner in order to keep your hair moisturized, healthy, stronger and also easier to manage. Use a hair conditioner like ‘Dove Damage Therapy Cool Moisture Conditioner’ which will help to nourish hair, hydrate hair without weighing it down and also repair damaged hair.
- Get to understand your hair type and scalp; this is the most important thing you must consider before buying or using any hair product, all these products will work well if you use them on the right hair type and scalp.
6. Tori by Rene of Paris
HOW TO STYLE:
The woman featured in the picture above has a finely blunt cut bob hairstyle with thick front bangs that gives your face an amazing look. It has precise layers which help to create a full wedge and this haircut will look perfect on you in case you have a square or round face. It also flatters those types of faces very well. Therefore, you can use the following steps below in order for you to know how to style this particular hairstyle;
- Apply a styling cream to your hair when it still damp and then blow dry hair while using a large round brush to make your hair smooth and shiny.
- Create the sharp perfect edge on your hair sides by using a flat iron, remember to use the lowest heat settings during this process so that you don’t burn or damage your hair.
- Finally use a good quality hairspray because it will help to protect your hair against humidity and to also make it shiny.
- This is a sleek angled bob haircut wig with bold blunt bangs and tapered back. Maintaining and styling of this wig is very easy and takes less time too.
- It is made of synthetic hair fiber and it is also ready to wear, this wig is also designed to look and feel like natural hair.
- The wig has a monofilament top which will help to create an illusion of natural hair growth in sections where hair is separated.
- Don’t wash your hair daily because this will rip it off its natural oils and instead wash it for at least 2-3 times a week in order to get good results.
- Air dry your hair and avoid using blow dryers to dry hair because they make short hair to stand on ends and also make short hair frizzy.
- Brush or comb your short hair carefully in order to remove and tangles or knots from your hair and to make it smooth. I recommend you to use ‘Conair Professional Hair Brush Set’ which has vented brushes and designed for blow dry styling.It has an added advantage of having ball tipped bristles that will not snag or pull your hair. It detangles both wet and dry hair and has soft ridged grips for comfortable hold and control.
- Avoid washing your wig more often because it will become worn out in a very short period of time, hence you should only wash it after wearing it for over 20-25 times if you want to prolong the wig life.
- Don’t squeeze, twist or even wring your wig because this makes it to over stretch hence, end up losing its shape and structure in the long run, leave the wig to dry naturally after washing it in case you wish to achieve good results .
- Wash and also do the final rinse on your wig with cold water. Never try to use hot water on the wig because it will weaken the wig and even make it to lose its shape and style.
- Avoid using regular brushes when combing wig, use a wide toothed comb to gently comb your hair in order to remove any tangles from it and to also make it smooth. You can purchase a comb like ‘Natural Sandle Wood Wide Tooth Wood Comb’ which is anti-static, smooth and comfortable to use. It improves blood circulation and reduces hair loss, dandruff and headaches.
7. Kimberly by Envy
HOW TO STYLE:
This is a short bob haircut with a long side swept bang; the entire perimeter of this bob gradually gets longer as it approaches the front area. The back and sides of this bob have more volume than the front area. This haircut will really make you look good in case you have a square or round face.Its known to flatter these kind of face very well compared to other hairstyles. Below are some of the steps you can follow to style this haircut;
- Thoroughly wash your hair and thereafter apply a hair styling product when it is still damp. This can be a mousse or gel but please don’t use too much of this the product because this will make your hair oily and greasy.
- Use a round brush while blow drying in order to make it smooth and dry. By doing this, it will help your hair to become shiny and very smooth after it is completely dry.
- Get a flat iron and use it to make your hair straight and smooth. Make sure that you apply a heat protection spray to your hair before using the flat iron so that your hair can be shielded from heat produced by this flat.
- To create that amazing hair texture, tease the hair on the crown area of your head.
- Set style, make your hair shiny and firm by using a good quality hairspray.
- This is a sleek hand tied and angled bob wig with side swept bangs which makes this wig to look fresh and modern. It also has long textured layers which frame the face perfectly and also create movement to the wig.
- The wig comes with a lace front which helps to create an appearance of natural hairline and also facilitates styling away from the face.
- It has a hand tied- cap which allows hair to swivel freely for a more natural movement and it also makes this wig too feel very comfortable.
- Use any thermal protection serum in case you’re going to use a heat styling product on your hair , lets say ; a flat iron. Never try to use a heat styling agent and if you have frizzy hair then you should use an anti-frizzthermal protector so that your hair does not frizz or get burnt during the process. You can use hair serum like ‘John Frieda Collection Frizz-Ease Hair Serum, Thermal Protection Formula, Transform’ which will help to safe guard the hair strands from heat by creating a layer of protective gloss.It shields all hair types and styles against damaging effects of heat styling tools and UV exposure with an added value of making your hair smooth , silky with a vibrant shine and minimizes color fading.
- Don’t rub your hair with a towel after having a shower because this will cause breakages and damage to the wet hair shafts and strands.In any case you can use a blow dryer to dry your hair instead.
- Try to use coconut milk on your hair; using this coconut oil frequently will help make your hair manageable, healthy, smooth and soft for the whole day.
- Whenever you’re brushing your wig, start at the ends and then gently brush your wig up to the roots. Brushing your wig will also help to remove any remaining tangles from your hair.
- Always wash and rinse your wig using cold water, this will help to keep your wig in shape and will also make it last for a longer period. Hot water will just make the wig to lose its shape and structure.
- Only use a wig shampoo and conditioner if you want your wig to last for long, never use natural hair product on your wig because they will severely damage it.
8. Perfection Petite by Gabor
9. Abby by Estetica
10. Diamond by Estetica
11. Rosa by Estetica
12. Cambria by Revlon
13. Casey by Estetica
14. Victoria by Henry Margu
15. Aura by Estetica
Source of the pictures: http://www.wigs.com