Gone are the days when you had to grow your hair long to get that ponytail style, now with all this modern beauty technology, you can easily attach a claw clip ponytail on your natural short hair and look exactly like a person with long hair styled on a ponytail trend. If you want to bring out your sense of style and make every one notice how stylish you are, trust me pony tails will perfectly rock for you.
A pony is that hair style in which all the hair is swept away from the face, gathered and secured to the back of the head and then allowed to hang freely,
they are two types of pony tails and these include the high held pony tail which is held either at the crown or middle of the head and the low held pony tail which is held just above the neck. For a more fashionable look you can have your pony tail held at the side and for a more detailed look you can spice up your pony tails with accessories, braids or even intriguing claw pony tails to have your pony tail longer.In this post a variety of intriguing claw pony tail hair styles are provided for you to become the stunning woman, scroll through this article for steps on how to style that different pony hair style and how best you can keep your hair looking amazing. Stay blessed as you check them out:
1. Simply Straight Pony by Hairdo
HOW TO STYLE:
The lady in the picture above has her hair held into a simple straight pony tail.Think you can observe how high its held at the middle of the head. The straight sleek pony tail is really amazing and will give you that outstanding elegant look that you’ve always desired to have, this will take you just a few minutes to style and with some bit of practice you will have mastered the whole trick behind the hair style. If you have an oval face shape feel free to try out the hair style slicked back medium height pony tail and see how many heads you will leave turning.
- Begin by combing through the hair to remove any tangles and knots; you want your pony tails to be really straight and neat so start by brushing through it to make it smooth then hold your hair to the middle of the head and secure it with an elastic band.
- Smooth the pony tail with a paddle brush; start brushing the pony tail at the base to make it really smooth, you can even apply some hair pomade to give your hair that really beautiful glow.
- Hide the elastic band with your hair; if you do want the elastic band showing, get a medium size strand of the hair from the pony tail and wrap it around the base of the pony tail, continue twisting it until it is fully wrapped around the base of the pony and secure it with bobby pins.
- You can then finish it up with a hair spray; you need to hold your hair firm throughout the day so you should apply a small amount of hair spray to the hair. Make sure you do not apply too much of the hair spray because it will make your hair look greasy.
- It is a simply straight wrap around pony hair piece that can be placed high, low or to the side depending on what you want, with the fashionable pony you will have a variety of options to place it anywhere you want.
- It comes with a comb/Velcro attachment, the attachment is unique with a small comb and pony tail holder not forgetting the pre-designated hair strip that creates the appearance of a natural looking incorporation to make it completely undetectable.
- It is also uniquely made from the finest heat friendly synthetic fiber that withstands heat and humidity and offers a variety of styling options which is every woman’s fantasy.
- Avoid washing your hair daily; long hair is more prone to dryness so the more you wash the hair the drier you make it therefore make sure that you only wash your hair twice a week but not every single day because you will make the hair dry and in the long run your hair will start breaking. Washing daily also reaps your hair from its natural oils. You now know what washing your hair daily does, take precaution.
- Oil your hair every twice a week; unlike short hair and medium hair, long hair will become dry quickly and most of the time it is up to you to make your hair oily.When it comes to long hair you should oil it every twice a week. I love and recommend you to use the Deep Repair Masque (For Dry, Damaged Hair ) – Macadamia Natural Oil – Hair Care – 250ml/8.5oz, because it will keep your hair well oiled and prevent it from becoming dry.
- Trim your hair; long and straight hair is more prone to split ends and each time you comb the hair it gets split ends that make your hair look untidy and stunted, this is the secret behind growing long hair. Just trim your hair and see if will not grow longer and at a faster rate.
- Brush the extension; brushing through the extension will become part of your daily routine each morning when you wake up. This will keep your hair piece completely free from getting tangled and also free from knots. Also remember to be really gentle as you comb the wig.
- Carefully wash the hair extension; It is obvious that your hair piece will not get dirty often like your natural hair does but this does not stop you from washing it once in a while to keep it clean and to take away any bad odor that may have developed after wearing it several times. Make sure you do not wash it daily because this will make it lose its original shape.
- Spray it with a leave in conditioner; each time you spray the extension the moisture makes each hair shaft swell therefore giving it a more voluminous appearance and this also helps to keep the wig feeling soft , smooth and silky.You can gladly try the Remy Soft blue Max Daily Refresher – Safe for Hair Extensions, Weaves and Wigs – Salon Formula Leave-in Conditioner, because it is specially designed to detangle and lock in moisture.
2. Pony Fall Extension
HOW TO STYLE:
The beautiful pony tail hair style with a bump is perfect for a round face as it makes your face appear a bit longer, with this style of hair am sure will leave heads turning at that occasion you are planning to attend any time soon. In the picture the lady is rocking an extra high bumped up pony tail, this is a super stylish look and with this you will challenge all those moving around with elastic bands showing off by trying something latest like the hair wrapped around the base of the pony tail to hide the elastic band. For the beautiful hair style on your natural hair follow the steps below;
- Begin by combing through the hair to remove any tangles and knots; you want your pony tail to be really straight and neat so start by brushing through it to make it smooth then hold your hair to the middle of the head and secure it with an elastic band.
- Smooth the pony tail with a paddle brush; start brushing the pony tail at the base to make it really neat,then you can spray the hair to add some smoothness but make sure you do not apply too much of the hair spray.
- Push up hair to make a bump; as you can see this is an bump up pony tail, so before you hold your hair into pony you should amp up the hair at the front to make the bump, they are many ways to make a bump so you choose whichever is easy for you. If you don’t want to push up the hair you can use a narrow toothed comb tease around the crown and hold the rest of the hair back.
- Set the style with a light hold hair spray; apply a small amount of hair spray on the hair to give your hair that shiny glow.
- It is a versatile pony fall extension that can be worn as pony tail or clip in hair piece to add volume and body to your natural hair. The beautiful hair piece is very easy to wear and attaches very quickly.
- The pony features sensitive and a drawstring to help secure that pony tail really firmly and create that natural appearance at the base of the pony tail and keeps you comfortable all time.
- The amazing extension is made from heat friendly synthetic that is straight, soft and silky. The fiber stands any heat and humidity therefore gives a variety of styling options.
- Spray the hair with a leave in conditioner; your long hair needs enough moisture so that it does not break or become frizzy.The easiest way to keep your hair moisturized is by spraying it with a leave in conditioner.I always use It’s A 10 Miracle Leave In Product because it is indeed miraculous and will do magic for your long curly hair.
- Let the hair air dry sometimes; blow dryers even when used at lowest heat level will damage your hair so it is best to dry the hair naturally. Air drying seems more theoretical than practical but it actually works, it may take some time but the results are best your hair needs.
- Always use a wide toothed comb; long hair is naturally dry basically because it is hard for natural oil to move through the hair shaft so to avoid hair from breaking, it is best to use a wide toothed comb.Narrow toothed combs cause too much friction that makes the hair break. I advice you to use Diane Ionic Extra Wide Comb With Handle #7113, you will not regret using it.
- Always let the hair piece dry naturally; the best and simplest way to dry your wig is to let the wig air dry, this way it will be well protected from the damage of heat tools. When it comes to wearable hair it is always best to leave them to air dry.
- Always use low heat if you choose to blow dry; if you have chosen to heat style the wig then you should make sure your heat tool is set to lowest heat to avoid damaging the hair piece, and when blow-drying keep the blow dyer a distance away from the hair.
- Store the wig carefully; always store the wig on a wig stand to keep it in the best shape , this protects the wig from loosing its original shape. This way you have it last as long as you want .
- Make sure you wear a swimming cap to swim; never go to swim with your hair open, always wear a swimming cap when you are going to swimming or else it will be your loss as you will have to spend more money for a new one.This can be prevented so love your hair and handle it with care , it will last long and keep looking good too.
3. Simply Straight Pony by Hairdo
4. Wrap Around Pony by Hairdo
HOW TO STYLE:
Wow bumped up together with curly is completely sexy, this is one of those hair styles that will grab you lots and lots of attention. Its brown color will make a marvelous accent to your skin color, the bump seems like a relaxed look but it is really trendy.It will always look amazing so you do not have to worry about it looking nice on you. If you have a long face shape this is the perfect pony tail hair style for you to try on:
- Apply your favorite styling product to wet hair; for best results and to prevent your hair from being stiff after styling you should apply styling product to wet or dump hair. Do not apply styling product to dry hair.
- Blow dry hair with your finger; start with the lower section of the hair and then continue to the next section until all your hair is completely dry. Ensure that your hair is completely dry before you go to the next step.
- Use a large barrel size curling iron to curl the hair; to create the wavy or curly look on your hair you should use a large barrel curling iron, take small strands of the hair wrap them around a curling iron and curl the hair.
- Sweep all the hair back into a bumped up pony tail; you can use a brush to sweep all the hair into a pony tail but make sure you push the hair up at the front to make the bumped up appearance and then leave the hair to suspend freely.
- Apply an extra strong hold gel or pomade; this will help to make your hair shiny but do not apply too much of it to avoid making your hair greasy or too oily.
- This is a wrap around long ponytail hair extension that fall down to your back with soft, silky and smooth waves that gives you a sexier look and a more beautiful accent to your pony tail.
- It comes with heat friendly synthetic fiber that can stand up to any heat and humidity levels and for those that style with heat tools this one can be styled with heat tools at lowest heat.
- It also features a Velcro that connects to the hair to give you custom fit and keeps the style secure all through the day. It is very easy to wear and you will not even need to go to the saloon because you can do it yourself.
- Always use a mild shampoo when cleansing; when it comes to wavy hair, frizz is most likely to become like a characteristic for it, so I advise that whenever you are cleansing the hair use a mild shampoo and use it only on the scalp not the hair.Because hair will only frizz if it is dry and whenever use shampoo on your wavy hair it becomes dry.A good mild shampoo i recommend you to use is Shiseido Super Mild Hair Shampoo – 600ml because it prevents natural nutrients from flowing out of the hair and protects hair from becoming dry.
- Always finger comb the hair; combs are more like to cause frizz and friction each time you comb the hair. It is always better to use your fingers to reduce on frizz and keep the wavy pattern in the hair. Do away with combs when it comes to wavy hair because it is prone to frizz.
- Use styling gels to style wavy hair; do away with the heat styling some times because this is the safest way to style your hair.Apply a styling gel and scrunch.The best recommended product to use is Tea Tree Styling Gel Unisex Gel by Paul Mitchell, 6.8 Ounce, because it thickens and adds body to your hair and strongly hold your hair.
- Be gentle with your hair; get rid of all that pulling, rubbing and wringing because it totally messes up your wig and destroys the entire look. Be extra sensitive with your extension, do not over pull it and do not rub, wring or twist it in a wig.
- Wash the wig on a wig stand; place the extension where you are going to wash the wig so that you do not have to guess the procedure of washing the extension as it comes with the kit that is self explanatory.
- Protect your hair from direct sun light; as you dry the wig in cool dry room do not leave your hair extension exposed to direct sunlight the sun rays produce a lot of heat that will be dangerous to your hair.
- Spray the wig; every morning take time to spray the hair because this keeps it shiny and in perfect shape , you will agree with me that this is quite and easiest way you can take good care of your hair piece. I highly advise you to use the Demert Wig Luster Conditioner 9.76 oz. Aerosol, because it is designed to keep your hair piece soft and perfectly natural looking.
HOW TO STYLE;
For all those who are afraid of tying pony tails because of the way they highlight your face shape then you can try the pony tail hair style with bangs and if you still don’t fancy leaving your hair free then the mini pony tail will definitely work perfectly for you. The beautiful blonde hairstyle will look amazing on any face shape since it has bangs that frame your face well and give you a stunning look. Bangs are also stylish and fashionable for the ladies who love rocking those stylish hair styles. It is perfectly suited for any age. Poise is a must-have hairstyle for your wedding, prom, Sunday best, or any special occasion. Try out the hair style on your natural hair with the steps below;
- Start by brushing through the hair to remove any tangles and knots; you want your mini pony tails to be really straight and neat so start by brushing through it to make it smooth then hold your hair to the middle of the head and secure it with an elastic band.
- Smoothen the pony tail with a paddle brush; start brushing the pony tail at the base to make it really smooth, you can even apply some hair pomade to give your hair that really beautiful glow.
- Hide the elastic band with your hair; if you do want the elastic band showing, get a medium size strands of the hair from the pony tail and wrap it around the base of the pony tail, continue twisting it until it is fully wrapped around the base of the pony and secure it with bobby pins.
- Tuck the pony tail under and secure it; for the mini pony tail appearance you should get the end of your pony tail and tuck it underneath then secure with bobby pins.
- Spray to the hair to finish; apply a small amount of styling product to make the hair shiny and avoid it from making it too oily.
- It is a chic versatile up do that wears down at the nape of your neck and looks more like a mini pony tail, this is very stylish and if you’ve bumped it on then you’re good to go to any special occasion you will sure leave heads turning.
- It features a flat bun base attached and secure on to your hair by a drawstring that can be adjusted to whichever fit is comfortable for you.
- It is made from high quality synthetic hair and made in such a way that you can easily fix it on to your own hair, make your own natural bun and attach on top.
- Always detangle the hair before you get it wet; comb through the hair to remove any tangles and knots until hair is completely tangle free then you can get it wet. Never comb the hair when it is wet because it is still fragile so if you comb it, it will end up breaking and have split ends.
- Do not towel dry the hair; towels are made of rough fabric so each time you towel the hair, be extra careful and gentle on the hair when towel drying or better yet do not towel dry the hair at all.
- Avoid using too many different products at the same time; it is understandable that sometimes you have a variety of products you purchase for your hair but the problem comes in when you apply many different products on the hair at the same time, you will end up causing a lot of build up on the hair and make it greasy.
- Apply some shine mousse to the hair; you need to keep your hair shiny and glowing therefore it is good to apply a mousse to the hair, for example Gefden Natural Shine Gel Mousse 8 Oz, it is completely alcohol free, it gives your hair extra body hold and makes your hair shiny too.
- Always use shampoo specifically made for hair extensions; it is always advisable to wash the wig extension with shampoo meant specifically meant to cater for your extension.You will not go wrong with the Revlon Texturizing Cleanser for Synthetic Hair, it removes any dulling oil and film from the extension.
- Avoid applying too much styling product; when products become too many on your hair they cause build up which makes the wig look dirty always, on that note it is highly advised that you always apply a small or reasonable amount of styling product on your hair piece.
- Do not wash the wig daily; I must say the worst care you could show to your extension is washing it daily, this makes it lose its shape, you can only wash the extension after wearing it 25 times. The hair piece does not easily become dirty like your natural hair.
6. Simply Straight Pony by Hairdo
7. Beach Curl Pony
HOW TO STYLE:
If you have naturally straight hair, you clearly have no reason as to why you cannot try out a whole new look. Unleash your inner beach babe with the Beach Curl Pony by hairdo, from the lady in the picture you can see that she was straight before and then went curly after and she still looked fabulous. The hair style is very simple, it will actually take you just minutes to style, the most stunning thing about the hair style is the soft wavy style that will make you look super sexy.You remain simple smart and elegant for any occasion with this one. To do it to your natural hair these are the steps you should follow;
- Apply a styling product to clean dump hair; for best results it advisable that you apply the styling product when your hair is still wet, this way your hair will not become stiff but rather come out like you expect it to.
- Blow dry the hair with a round brush; for a more smooth texture and to remove all tangles and knots from the hair, you should use a round brush to blow dry the hair until it totally drys. This easy way to dry hair is by drying it section by section.
- Scrunch the hair; get small strands of the hair and scrunch only the ends of the hair to make them wavy like in the picture. Repeat the process until the entire lower end is curly.If you cannot scrunch, you can use a curling wand to make your hair wavy.
- Make a pony tail; hold your hair neatly into a high held pony tail, hold at the crown of the head with a puff holder. Then get a medium size strand of hair from the hanging pony tail twist it around the base of the ponytail to hide the band.
- Set the style with a hair spray; for the smooth and shiny appearance you should apply a light hold hair spray to have your hair held firm and neat throughout the day.
- The hair piece is made from tru2life synthetic fiber that is of high quality, it moves and feels like real natural hair, almost no one will notice you added a hair piece to your hair. You cannot miss out on this touch of class.
- It is made of heat resistant fiber giving it the ability to withstand any amount of heat and humidity however you cannot use heat styling on the wig. Any tools be it blow dryers or curling irons cannot be used on the hair piece.
- It has a comb/ Velcro attachment that sinks perfectly into your hair and makes it appear like natural hair. With the hair extension you will not have to worry about anyone noticing you are wearing extension because it provides that outstanding natural look.
- Avoid excessive combing; get rid of the stale mentality that when you over comb the hair that is when it becomes neat but this is also very harmful to your hair and could leave you with almost no hair at all. The more you comb the hair the more it breaks and gets split ends.Combing your hair just once in the morning is just enough to keep your hair neat.
- Take a lot of water; they are simple but very important things that people keep ignoring but are very important in the process of growing long and healthy hair, taking lots of water is very good for your skin, nails and most importantly good for your hair.
- Introduce a conditioning mask to your hair; take time off and give your hair some special treatment for example you can apply a conditioning mask to your hair at least once a week so that your hair stays smooth and soft. Try Tresemme Renewal Hair and Scalp Deep Conditioning Mask, 8 Ounce, because it is a deep recovery mask that replenished damaged hair and keeps it really smooth and soft.
- Burnish the brushes; brushing the wig makes wig fiber fly away so make sure that you only use wide toothed combs to remove any tangles and knots from the extension. Brushes make the wig weak each time you brush.
- Apply some thickening spray on the hair; after wearing the wig several times you will realize that the extension will start to fall flat and appear thin so you will need to apply a thickening lotion or spray to bring its life back. I will confidently advise you to use Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hair Spray (8 Ounces), because it helps to tame frizz, lifts and gives the hair body and control.
9. Stylemaker Hair Wrap
10. Hair Wrap by PutOnPieces
12. Pony Fall Extension
13. Wrap Around Pony by Hairdo
14. Tousled Twist by Daisy Fuentes
14. Magic by easihair
15. Fun Bun by easihair