Black women are blessed with thick short hair, unlike whites who have long hair which is not to thick hence this means that the black thick hair can be styled in so many ways. However, this thick black hair is not friendly with heat, so you need to use moderate heat when curling your black hair if you wish to keep it healthy and you should always use the right curling products.
Black Curly Hairstyles 2013 Gallery
USING NATURAL METHODS TO CURL BLACK HAIR:
Tip 1: Clean your hair with natural hair shampoo. Don’t use strong soap or cleaning detergents to clean your hair, these products will damage your natural black hair. After washing your hair, dry it with a towel, in this case, you will need to wrap the towel over the head and let absorb water from your hair. Please, don’t use serum, because it acts as a heat preventing cream, yet, you will not use that hot curl ironing comb.
Tip 2: Instead of using a hot curling iron, cut a cloth and make strips wide enough to make a big curl, and then roll your hair over the cloth. Make as many curls as you want. Now wear a headband and wrap your hair around it. Do this when your hair is a little bit wet. After some hours, you will need to remove the headband and loosen up your curls.
Tip 3: Use your fingers to run through your curled hair, this will make your hair neat and curly.
Black curly hairstyle with a Bang; women with big foreheads will like this style because it has a bang on the front which hides the fore head. Make sure you curl your bang
How to care for think curly hairstyle?
You will look very beautiful with black thick long curly hairstyle, but you need to take care of that hair, other wise the curls will fade out slowly. Below are some tips you can follow;
- Even though you don’t have to apply shampoo to your curly hair regularly, you will need to keep it clean, thick air keeps lots of moisture, if this hair is un-attended to, it will start smelling badly, so , when ever you go to the shower, do a little bit of hair conditioning, just to clean and remove bad odor.
- If you want to wash your hair, i suggest you opt for cold water; this will make your look brighter.
- Avoid dry-brushing unless when you’re blow drying. If you regularly dry-brush your curled hair, it will loose the curls or brake.
- To keep the curls smooth, use moderate natural products, avoid applying too much gel, distribute the gel evenly but in small amounts.
- Maintain moisture rich curls by applying loose hair products immediately after shower. This loose product / cream will trap the moisture and make your curls think.
Black Short Curly Hairstyles; women with short hair you can opt for this style, these curls are small in size, so too make them , you will need to use a small barrel curling iron. If you want to look unique, you can add some color, but be careful when doing this, because some tint destroys natural hair.
African American Curly Hairstyles; the perfect black curly style every woman with a short face should try. These are natural curls which are curled directly from the center of the head.
HOW TO CARE FOR THIS SHORT AFRICAN AMERICAN CURLY HAIRSTYLE?
- Women with long hair but want to cut it short and curl it, you will need to cut your hair out but make sure it stops just above your shoulders before curling it. Do not cut long curled hair because your curls will not be even.
- Opt for natural hair products which are friendly to your hair. Avoid blow drying your hair, it might get frizzy.
- Apply hair conditioner when ever you shampoo or wash your hair. Make sure you comb through your hair to keep the curls.
- Keep your hair natural. It is wise to give your hair a brake from that hot ironing curl. Too much of this heat will make the hair very dry.
- Women with dandruff problem, i suggest you opt for anti-dandruff shampoo. This will wipe out that messy dandruff and keep your hair clean.