A pixie haircut is still on trend and if you’re tired of your other hairstyle, then this featured haircut will be the perfect choice for your no matter what hair texture and type you have. You will find that many women have a belief that all pixie haircuts are the same but this is not true as pixies have some differences in each of the hairstyle featured in this article.
As you scroll through this article guess you won’t fail to get your perfect pixie for yourself. There as many different types of pixie haircuts whereby some pixies look feminine while others are extremely edgy or messy.
Of recent pixie hairstyles are becoming more trendier and even most celebrities are styling their hair into this boy cut Short hairstyles and are very easy to wash and to maintain compared to long hairstyles but you will need to trim your pixie haircut every after five to six weeks in order to sustain its good look and style.
Kate Petite by Estetica
HOW TO STYLE:
This lady has a short, pixie haircut that features a beautiful style at the top crown area. This haircut has lots of textured layers that help to maximize the natural waves and create that wind-blown effect on her hair. The waves in this pixie haircut are well defined and diffused in order to create that cute messy look and it also has some wispy side swept bangs which brings out her long face nicely.Find herewith guidelines below to highlight you on how to style your hair like this lady in the picture above;
- First clean your hair using cold water with a mild shampoo and then apply a small amount of hair conditioner the leave it for some time to infuse well into the hair then do the final rinse. This will boost your looks be great before and after styling it.
- Dry your hair with a good microfiber towel so that you can remove excess water from it and after use a blow dryer with a diffuser attachment. You should try to air-dry hair sometimes because this helps to keep your hair always looking healthy.
- Style and brush bangs using your fingers, push these bangs to the sides and then style them with hands while you blow dry your hair.
- After making sure that your hair is completely dry, apply good pomade or wax hair product because it will help to make your hair soft and even make it to have that messy texture.
- Use a medium barreled curling iron to create the curly texture throughout the entire hairstyle pass your fingers through the crown area to create shape and volume.
- Complete by spraying your hair with a good quality hairspray to make your hair firm, shiny and smooth throughout the whole day.
- This is a layered boy cut pixie wig with lots of voluminous waves which create body to this haircut.It also has some feathered front bangs which help to frame out any face type perfectly.
- It has a cap less construction with an open stretch cap construction that is open all throughout for maximum coolness and comfort when putting on this wig.
- The wig also has a pure stretch cap technology which enables it to stretch along the perimeter making this wig the most comfortable fit while eliminating pressure points.
- Don’t rub your hair with a towel when drying to prevent friction between the hair strands because friction can easily damage your hair cuticles.
- Brush and style your hair when the scalp is completely dried and when your hair is also dry. Avoid brushing or styling your hair when it is still wet because at that point it’s very weak and it can easily break.
- Try to deep condition your hair for at least two times in a month because this will help to restore and replenish damaged hair which had lost its proteins. Buy a good deep conditioner like ‘John Frieda Frizz Ease Rehydrate Intensive Deep Conditioner’ which is infused with avocado oil, milk protein and vitamins, corrects hair damage and frizz while also strengthening hair for amazing results and Nourishes and replenishes extremely dried-out hair.
- Never use shampoo’s that contain sulphates because they can easily strip your hair off its color and make your hair to look very dry and dull. Go for sulphate free shampoos because they will help to sustain your hair color and even keep your hair moist.
- Condition your wig for at least once a week but after shampooing it because this will help to keep your wig fibers looking smooth, shiny and perfect.
- Avoid combing a synthetic wig when it is still wet because you will damage its hair fibers. Try to first comb through your wig before washing it using a wide toothed comb because it will not cause damage to your hair strands.
- Try to use a good quality knot sealer to seal off knots with in your wig after washing it. Wait until the wig is completely dry and then spray it with a knot sealer. Buy a knot sealer like ‘TDI Hair Knot Sealer’ which Seals knots safely on most types, Professional Strength Sealer, and Safe for most Poly and Lace wigs.
- Don’t use heat styling tools on synthetic wigs because they will burn the wig fibers and even stretch the wig cap hence making the wig to lose its original shape and structure. Always leave your wig to air-dry after washing it and if your wig can be styled or dried by heat styling tools, make sure you use these tools on a low heat setting so that heat from these tools may not damage the wig fibers.
Hazel by Estetica
HOW TO STYLE:
This celebrity has a modern short haircut which looks very cute. This haircut will stay fresh and cool on you during spring and summer seasons because it looks refreshing as well. This pixie haircut was cut in form of mushroom style with a bump at the crown area which adds volume to your hair. The front side swept bangs make this lady to really look cute because of the way they frame out her face. Below are the steps that you can follow when styling this particular hairstyle?
- Begin with combing your short hair with a good wide toothed brush in order to remove any tangles and knots from it. You should do this gently so that you may not have to damage your hair and scalp.
- After, clean your short hair with cool or Luke warm water using a good mild shampoo, rinse out the shampoo and then apply a hair conditioner or mask because it will help to replenish your short hair.
- Towel dry your short hair to make it dry when you come out of the shower and after grab a nice blow dryer with an attachment and start drying your hair gently until you notice that it has become moist. Pass your fingers through while blow drying your hair forward in order to create volume.
- Then flick your bangs to the sides using your finger or with a simple hair brush with wide bristles in order to create a slanted style around the face.
- Finish off your look by using your best texturizing and styling hair products. This can be a hair spray or gel but it will help to keep your hair looking smooth, shiny and firm during the day.
- This is a unique, beautiful and sexy short wig with a pixie style and long side swept bangs which help to frame any face type perfectly.
- The entire perimeter and hairline of this wig is made from good quality human hair which feels soft and smooth like baby hair.
- The rest of hair on this wig like on top at the crown area is made from high quality synthetic fiber which looks and feels smooth and comfortable like natural hair.
- It comes with a cap less cap construction which provides proper air circulation when putting on the wig and even creates an illusion of natural hair growth in areas where your hair is parted.
- Try to shield your natural hair from excess heat like that from the sun by wearing a scarf or hat during hot days in order to lock in moisture within your hair so that it does not become very dry and brittle during extreme weather conditions.
- Do regular trims on your hair in order to get rid of split ends and to keep your hair looking great. Trim after six to eight weeks using a good hair trimmer and should also know that trimming promotes healthy hair growth.
- Only use Luke warm water or cool water to clean your hair while using a good quality shampoo by gently massaging your hair and entire scalp. Use a shampoo like ‘Shampoo for Oily Hair with Organic Rosemary and Basil’ which is a therapeutic solution for scalps which are oily, greasy and itchy, removes excess sebum and buildup and its Sulfate free.
- Use a conditioner every time you shampoo your hair and make sure you apply this conditioner starting from the ear line to the ends of your hair. Conditioning will help to revitalize and replenish lost proteins with in your hair and it will even make your hair shiny and smooth.
- Gently shake and squeeze your wig to remove excess water from it and after place it on a good wig stand and leave it to air-dry. Don’t twist or wring the wig because this will damage the wig fibers and even stretch your wig cap to make your wig lose its original shape and style.
- Dry your wig with a good micro fiber towel by gently blotting it. Don’t use regular cotton towels because they will make your hair to look very dry and brittle and hence it will eventually break when it is completely dry? Purchase a good towel like ‘Devacurl Microfiber Towel’ which is Friction free and Frizz free.
- Always comb your wig gently with a good wig wire brush or with a wide toothed comb and never try to use a regular hairbrush because it can damage the wig fibers.
- Avoid using wig care products that contain high alcohol levels or content like wig sprays , shampoos, gels, etc. because such hair care products will easily damage the wig fibers and cause breakage or shedding.
Short Elegant Hairstyle
Short Wavy Wig
Layered Pixie Synthetic Wig
HOW TO STYLE:
This lady has a simple and elegant pixie haircut with lots of waves throughout which help to create volume and even bring out her hair texture very well. The hairstyle has a brown and cinnamon color making it to look very cute and amazing. It has a lot of texture and layers which make this short hairstyle to look real and full of life. It also has soft feathered front bangs which fall over the fore head hence they will help to frame this lady’s face perfectly and even work best for someone with a big forehead. You should tryout his adorable short haircut because it will turn every day into an exciting and stylish one. Below are some of the guidelines that you can follow when styling this pixie haircut?
- Start by washing your hair thoroughly with a mild shampoo or conditioner but you should use cool or Luke warm water during the washing process and even when rinsing your hair.
- Get a good towel and then place it over your head so that it can remove excess water from your hair and then use a blow dryer with a diffuser attachment but on a low heat setting so that heat emitted by this tool does not affect your short hair. Short hair is more prone to heat because it can easily make it frizzy, brittle and hence it would be best for you to air-dry your short hair if possible.
- Grab a medium sized curling iron and then start applying those big curls or waves with in your hairstyle but remember to apply a heat protection hairspray before you start curling your hair.
- Style your front bangs by pushing some of your hair forward and then use a good small hair brush to smooth en and to flip your bangs in wards and on the sides.
- Pass your fingers through your short haircut to create that messy texture and volume with in your hairstyle. You can even apply a styling product in your hair like a mousse or gel to enhance and lock in your look.
- Seal in your haircut design by using a good firm holding hair spray which will even make your hair to look shiny and smooth giving you that complete look.
- This is an elegant pixie wig with straight layers at the front, side and at the back with neck-hugging nape.It also has wispy front bangs which can even be worn as side swept bangs and they will help to frame your face beautifully.
- The wig is constructed with a light weight cap less construction which makes the wig to feel very comfortable when wearing it. The open cap provides ventilation to your wig and will even create an illusion of natural hair growth in areas where your wig is parted.
- It is made from high quality synthetic fiber which can even be styled like real human hair. This type of fiber also feels smooth and gentle hence making it to feel very comfortable when wearing it.
- Try to use a high quality shampoo and conditioner if you wish to keep your hair soft and smooth but don’t use too much of these products on your hair because this will cause build up and tangling.Avoid using hair conditioners that contain alcohol because it makes hair dry. You can purchase a conditioner and shampoo like ‘Hair Plus Combo – Shampoo and Conditioner’ which gently cleans hair and supplies proteins that protect hair and the shaft.It prevents dryness and breakage, improves gloss, texture and manageability.
- Wash your hair immediately after swimming and if you don’t do so then dirt will accumulate into your hair and make it to look dry, tangled and unmanageable. It is advisable to wear a swimming cap that is made of latex if you’re going to swim in order to protect your hair from chlorinated water.
- Never use hair relaxers on damaged hair because they will just increase on your hair damage and it is therefore best for you to allow your damaged hair to regrow before introducing new chemicals to it.
- Only wash your wig every after two weeks of regular wear or use but don’t wash your wig on a regular basis because this will make it to look very old and it will even lose its shape, color and structure.
- Use a shampoo that is meant to work on wigs because it will help to replenish and even make your wig to look shiny and smooth like you can buy ‘WIG SHAMPOO Aspen Collection’ which gently cleans debris, oils and dirt on wig.And it revitalizes your wig.
- Acquire a good wig brush and use it to gently brush your wig. This type of brush will help to remove any remaining knots and tangles from your wig but always comb your wig when it is completely dry and never try to brush a wet wig because you will severely damage the wig fibers.
Short Cropped Pixie Synthetic Wig
HOW TO STYLE:
The lady in the picture above has a short cropped pixie hairstyle with feathered front bangs which help to frame her oval face shape perfectly.This blonde new haircut has heavy textures that help to turn that short cut into an amazing messy hairstyle.The haircut is very easy to style and to maintain compared to longer hairstyles. Try out this haircut with soft spikes because it always looks flattering and is enhanced with dark blonde shadows underneath. Follow these steps below in case you want to have this short blonde hairstyle;
- Wash your short hair with Luke warm water mixed with a mild shampoo and after apply a good hair conditioner in order to make your hair smooth and shiny when it is completely dry.
- Then blow dry your hair starting with your bangs while pushing them downwards and then dry the rest of your hair but do this carefully so that you don’t expose your hair to excessive heat which can make your hair very dry and brittle.
- Acquire a good curling iron and use it to create that messy hair texture throughout your entire head but remember to apply heat protection hair spray so that heat from this tool does not damage your hair.
- Use a good round brush to flip the ends of your short hair outwards in order to create an amazing messy hair texture and you can even pass your fingers through in order to create that tampered and textured look.
- Complete by applying your favorite styling product like a mousse or hairspray to polish off the hair edges and to create those spikes on top. Try to use your fingers to style in order to get that most natural look from this hairstyle.
- This is a contemporary short flattering cropped pixie wig with a flip back design with feathered front bangs which helps to frame your face perfectly. You can just make a quick shake in order to give this wig a tousled style with rich texture.
- It also features a pure stretch lightweight, breathable cap less cap construction with thin resilient dual elastic sides that provide comfort and make this wig a precise all day fit.
- The wig has a polyurethane tape tab along the front which completes the beautiful styles in this wig and even makes this wig to feel very secure when putting it on.
- The wig is made from good quality synthetic fiber which looks like real human hair and can even be styled with heat styling tools hence offering you with a variety of styling options.
- Pat or blot your hair with a good micro fiber towel to remove any excess water from it and you should not rub your hair with a towel because this causes friction between the hair strands and you may end up damaging your hair cuticles. Use a towel like ‘Evolatree – Microfiber Hair Wrap – Hair Towel’ which is Soft, Plush, Lightweight and Durable, Machine Washable, and great for home use and traveling.
- Always use cold water to rinse your hair. This will help to remove any styling products and build up from your hair while maintaining its natural look and feel.
- Keep your hair dry before going to bed and you can even wrap your hair together in a scarf or gently tie it up into a bun so that you can prevent it from getting tangled at night when you’re sleeping. Try not to sleep with wet hair because you will cause severe damage to your hair.
- Go for hair products that contain organ oil during the cold seasons because these products will help to keep your hair moist but try not to apply too much of these products into your hair because this will make your hair heavy, oily and even greasy.
- Rinse your wig with cold water after shampooing and conditioning it. This helps to make the wig feel and look smooth, shiny and it will even last for a longer period time. Never try to wash or rinse a synthetic wig with hot water because it will burn and even stretch the wig cap hence making the wig to lose its original shape and structure.
- Let your wig air-dry by gently placing it on a good wig stand or on a bottle of spray. Never place your wig on a Styrofoam head when it is still wet because this will stretch the wig cap and make the wig look deformed and shape less. Use a wig stand like ‘Black plastic wig stand – good quality & collapsible’ which is Ideal for storing or drying wigs.
- Avoid using heat styling tools like hair dryers, curlers, etc. on your wig because these tools produce heat which is not good for your wig. Don’t even expose your wig to sunlight and it would be best if you covered yourself with a scarf or even apply a heat protection spray to your wig during hot days.
HH Rose by Aspen
Barbie Sweet Hairstyle
Audrey by Henry Margu
Silvery Short Wig
HOW TO STYLE:
This woman has a short pixie bob, without the lengths and waves with a wispy side swept fringe. This classy haircut is actually quite easy to maintain and to style when at home. The haircut has a platinum blonde color. The round shape of this layered bob short haircut hugs and frames her round face harmoniously and it also has accentuated strands all over the crown. Below are some of the steps that you use when styling your hair like this lady:
- Begin by washing your hair thoroughly with a good quality shampoo and conditioner and after pat it dry using a silk or micro fiber towel to remove any excess water from it.
- Get a good blow dryer and start to dry your hair thoroughly but remember to apply to first a heat protection hairspray to your hair before you start blow drying it.
- Section your hair into two and after comb thorough it with a wide toothed comb in order to create that straight and smooth hair texture.
- Use a good flat iron to style your bangs and then straighten small sections of hair smoothly and gently. Use this iron to flip your hair inwards at the ends.
- Conclude by applying a shining and firm holding hair spray so that you make your hair look shiny and firm all day long.
- This is a short pixie blonde bob wig which features a classic bob hairstyle and also has simple feathered side swept bangs that look perfect on round face shapes.
- The wig is made of high quality synthetic fiber which is made from 100% import resistance fuel high-temperature fiber and even fits average head sizes. This type of fiber is easier to care for and lower priced compared to human hair wigs.
- It has vertical lace strips with open spaces between the wefts. The open- wefting at the crown, back, and sides allows for maximum ventilation and even makes the wig cap lighter in weight and also cooler than a standard cap.
- The wig also comes with a top skin part which helps to give a natural look in areas where your wig hair fiber is parted.
- Don’t expose your hair to heat sources like hair dryers, curling irons, direct sun shine, etc. because heat can make your hair to look very dry, brittle and weak in the long run. If you must use heat styling tools, then its best to first apply a heat protection spray.
- Use a good hair moisturizer on your short hair, because it will help to prevent your hair from becoming dry and brittle hence improving on your hair growth and health. Apply this moisturizer after washing your hair. Buy ‘Pantene Pro-V Truly Relaxed Hair Oil Creme Moisturizer’ which Deeply moisturizes & shines, Gently cleanses each strand to protect against dryness & breakage, provides 72 hour moisture, and gentle enough for relaxed or color-treated hair.
- Gently brush your hair with a wide toothed comb.Brushing hair more often will make your hair to look shiny and smooth. Don’t over brush your hair because this cause damage to your scalp and even affect hair growth.
- Use a detangling hairspray to detangle your synthetic wig and you can also use a wide toothed brush or even your fingers to do the same task. Try not to use regular brushes because they can damage the wig fibers. Buy a detangling spray like ‘Just For Me Hair Milk Nourishing Detangler, 10-Ounce Bottle’ which is Formulated with soy milk and honey, it removes tangles from hair and protects from heat , Improves and manages your hair looks.
- Only brush and style your wig after it has completely dried using your hands so that you can avoid using heat styling tools on your wig.
Black Natural Wig:
Felicity, by Gabor
Gaiety by Gabor
Natalie by Jon Renau
Leah by Revlon
Source of the pictures: http://www.wigs.com