Most of you women just go for any hairstyle/wig without knowing exactly what will or won’t match with your face type. However, you need to determine what hairstyle/wig that matches with a particular face like your face shape before doing anything else.Its wise to have an idea of your face shape and which hair style matches perfectly on you. as you go through this article you will find it more easier for better choices.
Different people have different face shapes and these include oval, round, square, heart and many more to mention a few. In this article i will be featuring only those with round faces meaning that if you’re a kind of person with a round face and you love long hair then you should really try reading this article in order for you to know what probably works for you best. You should also know that not all long hairstyles can work for your round face meaning that only particular long hairstyles will work for you, like the ones am featuring in this article.
- 1. STAR QUALITY BY RAQUEL WELCH
HOW TO STYLE:
Longer hairstyles look great with round faces because they tend to lengthen the features of this type of face. Therefore, you should consider trying out long wavy layers in order to contrast the roundness and on the other hand you can also tryout styling long layered bangs on that round face because they help create edgy angles that will offset round face features. As you can see that the woman featured in the picture above has long brown hair that really matches her face shape and skin tone meaning that if you’re a grown up lady above 40 years and you have a round face then don’t get scared of any long hairstyle .Consult your hairstylist to see whether that particular style will work for you and on the other hand still you can try out this style featured above because i think in my own opinion ,it won’t fail to work for you. Below are some of the steps you can follow to have this particular hairstyle:
- Cleaning your hair; the first thing you should do before styling your hair is washing it thoroughly using a good quality shampoo and conditioner in order to soften your hair and prepare it for the next stage.
- Blow dry your hair using moderate heat and also make sure that you don’t over do it, just blow it to a point where by you feel that it’s just moist and then apply a thermal spray allover your hair.
- Use a wide toothed brush while blow drying your hair you will need to use a proper brush that will help make your hair smooth and straight as you wish.
- Apply a firm holding spray or hair shinning spray; this will make your hairstyle look sleek, more beautiful, and frizz free.
- This wig needs extra care to maintain because it almost looks like your own hair. It has a front lace which allows you to style it off your face and also comes with a monofilament top that is used to create the natural part.
- The wig has a sheer lace front which will give you an amazing off the face styling versatility.
- The monofilament base will help to create an illusion of natural growth and also allow you to part your hair in any direction.
- This wig contains smooth Velcro straps that allows you to loosen or tighten the wig cap up to a halt inch.
- Wash your hair carefully with a nice shampoo; wash your hair at least twice a week but not regularly because this will make it very dry and also leech it off its natural oils. Remember to use a shampoo that does not contain sulphates but get one made with natural cleansers like ‘NaturOli Soap Nut / Soapberry Shampoo’ which is an organic and sulphate free shampoo. It is safe for color hair treatment and also reduces color fading. It rinses your hair clean leaving it tangle free and manageable with a healthy body, texture, volume and Shine.
- Apply a hair conditioner to your hair; Use a hair conditioner that will work well with your hair type, length and also depending on the damage caused to your hair. Don’t rush when conditioning your hair because it needs you to give this process enough time to achieve better results.It’s a good practice to always condition your hair every time you apply shampoo . Always deep condition your hair for at least once a week and use conditioners that come with balanced ingredients.
- Avoid over brushing your hair; brushing your hair too much will cause damage to your hair strands resulting into split ends and frizz. It is a good practice to brush your hair because this will stimulate follicles that promote hair growth.
- Wash your wig; after washing your wig, handle it with care and dry it piece by piece so that strands of its fibers don’t fall off. Don’t style your wig when it’s still wet because this will damage your wig.
- When you’re at home, take off your wig and put it on a wig stand; this stand will help to keep the wig in shape and also clean from any dirt. if you want to acquire a wig stand then i advise you to tryout the ‘Hair Art Foldable Wig Stand’ which you will get in different colors.It enables you to style your wig and also ensures safe keeping of your wig after use .
- Gently comb your wig; when combing your wig, be gentle and remember not to use regular brushes to protect it from damage.Its essential not to comb your wig daily.
2. ZARA BY JON RENAU:
- 3. MEDIUM BROWN STAR QUALITY WIG BY RAQUEL WELCH
HOW TO STYLE:
This hairstyle/wig has long layers and it’s also sleek making your round face to look elongated. This style will also bring out your cheekbones making you to look very simple and cute and also those front bangs will make you to really look classy and beautiful.
However, if you’re a kind of person with a round face and you desire to have this particular hairstyle, then you should try following these steps below;
- Wash your hair; wash your hair 2 to 3 times weekly but try not to wash it daily because it will be damaged. Use a good quality shampoo to clean your hair followed by a conditioner in order to soften and make you up.
- Use a thermal hair styling spray and then blow dry until you feel that almost all of the moisture is out, use a paddle brush to help make your hair smooth and straight.
- Brush your hair with a wide tooth brush; use a wide toothed brush not a regular brush to comb your hair and style it any way that you desire but you should do this gently so that you don’t damage your hair strands.
- Use a workable hair spray; after spraying all over your hair with this hair spray, use your hands to keep that style sleek and frizz free.
This wig is made out of synthetic hair that has been professionally cut, styled and ready to wear.it has layers that show off the delicate movements making it look just like your own hair.
It comes with a sheer indulgence lace front that will provide you an amazing off the face styling versatility.
The monofilament base will create an illusion of natural hair growth and will also enable you to part your hair in different directions.
The wig has smooth Velcro straps that will allow you to loosen and tighten your cap up to half an inch.
- Always trim your hair; you can do this on a regular basis so that you can get rid of split ends by yourself. Take hair shears and get the split ends of about 1/4 inch above the splitting, then trim them off. Do not trim your hair daily but rather trim it after 6-8 weeks.
- Opt for a healthy diet; if you eat healthy foods then just know that you’re giving your hair the right amount of vitamins to help your hair grow. Hair is made of proteins meaning that you have to eat foods rich in lean protein, whole grains and fruits. You should know that what you eat will not have an immediate effect on the hair you already have, but it will show these effects on hair that is newly growing.
- Brush your hair with a wide toothed brush; brushing your hair will hair stimulate the follicles which promote hair growth, brushing too much or too often will cause damage to your hair strands resulting into frizz and split ends. you can acquire a wide toothed brush like ‘Wide Tooth Comb Set of 3’ which will prevent your hair from breaking , its gentle on the scalp.
- Wash your wig; when you’re washing, never use a shampoo meant for natural hair because this shampoo will be too harsh on your hair and can lead to hair falling out. For example ‘DeMert Wig & Weave System Shampoo for Natural and Synthetic Hair 8 oz’ because it is used on both synthetic hair, wigs, hair extensions and natural hair. This shampoo will not strip off the wig color and also cleans and conditions at the same time .
- Condition your wig; make sure that you condition your wig after a couple of weeks in order to keep it soft and shiny. If you condition your wig daily, it will finally fade in color and even break.
- Don’t style your wig while it’s still wet because this will severely damage it .
- 4. DANESSA BY VIVICA FOX:
5. COWGIRL HAUTE BY FOREVER YOUNG
HOW TO STYLE:
This African lady has a long layered wavy hairstyle with front and side swept bangs making her look classy and elegant. However, most African women are not naturally gifted with long hair and hence this means if you’re amongst these women then you will have to apply some hair growth products or switch to a healthy diet which contains lots of proteins in order to grow your hair long. If you have long hair and you prefer styling it this way then you should tryout the following steps;
- Thoroughly wash your hair; use a good quality shampoo together with a conditioner to wash your wig before you start styling it.
- Towel dry your hair; use a towel to dry your hair but please do this gently so that you don’t dry your hair completely but just keep it moist and then apply a mousse to it.
- Blow dry your bangs; blow dry your front bangs in the desired direction to achieve that natural look.
- Make your hair smooth and bend it with a large round brush and then blow dry it .
- Use a large curling iron to bend the ends of your hair, you can also use hot rollers but putting in mind that heat can severely damage your hair hence you should go for the best option which is blow drying.
- Apply a finishing hairspray; apply this spray in order for you to get that good look and hair texture.Use a bit of spray shine to help make your hair shiny.
This lady has a seductive long layered wavy wig with a straight crown. The long skimming front bangs create a dramatic stylish look that you can really love.
The skin top of this wig is perfectly placed into position to bring out the look of a natural part line at the crown.
This wig is made of synthetic hair and also comes with an average cap size. It comes in different colors hence this means you can choose from those colors depending on your skin type, tone or color.
Most African women have naturally black hair which makes it very easy to for them to maintain because it does not get dirt like other types of hair. Below are some of the tips you can use to care for black hair;
- Give your hair a wash; you need to wash your hair so that it gets rid of dirt and freshens for a better look. During the washing process, make sure you use a shampoo that is best for your hair type putting in mind that you only have to use a handful of it in order to achieve a nice clean finish.
- Apply a hair conditioner; after shampooing your hair, apply a suitable conditioner to it and then to your scalp. Work it out carefully. you can use ‘Garnier Conditioner, Sleek and Shine‘ which is a fortified conditioner containing argan oil and apricot making the best option for controlling unmanageable hair and it can also fight hair dryness and frizzness.
- Always rinse your hair thoroughly; make sure you rinse your hair very well to remove any shampoo or conditioner for a clean look and easy to combing.
- Always comb your wig gently; remember to use a wide toothed brush to comb your wig because if you use a regular brush, just know that you’re going to destroy that wig in less than a month.
- Squeeze that wig to dry after removing it from saturated water, never even try to wring it because this may cause the base of your wig to disfigure or loose shape hence making it to look funny when it dry’s.
- Wash your wig after you have used it for at least 25 times; if you wash that wig daily or weekly, you make it to look less realistic and it also falls apart quickly. Use a shampoo meant for washing wigs like ‘Demert Wig Shampoo 12 oz. (Non- Stripping)’which will work very well on your natural and synthetic hair (wigs). This hair product is also a non-color stripping deodorizer.
6. RUNWAY FASHION BY FOREVER YOUNG:
7. LONG STRAIGHT SYNTHETIC WIG
HOW TO STYLE:
Most women like having long hair that looks very simple and straight like this lady featuring in the pic above, however this long layered cut that looks so sleek will really help make your round face look cute and beautiful because this style helps to accentuate your cheekbones compared to other long hairstyles. However to achieve a cute hair style featured in pic above you only have to follow a few steps below:
- Clean your hair; Wash your hair with cold water so that it can look shiny after the shower and to also trap moisture in it. Use a good conditioner and shampoo during this process if you wish to achieve good results.
- Use a thermal styling spray; this spray will help to protect your wig from heat during the process of blow drying. Note that you should blow dry until all the moisture is out as you expose your hair to heat from the blow dryer. Use a paddle brush to make your hair straight and smooth.
- Apply an oily hair product or a light serum to your hair and then use your flat iron to make your hair straight as you may like it.
- Use a hairspray; this will help to make your wig shiny and firm all day long and to protect it from the sun during the summer period.
- This is a long and silky straight wig that has a long layered fringe and some feathered wispy bangs at the front.
- The wig is made of high synthetic fiber which makes it to have the ability to curl in any way you desire.
- It also has a light weight cap less construction which makes it feel very comfortable on your head.
- Wash your hair very well; Use a shampoo that works best for your hair but make sure you use little of this product in order for you to get a nice and clean finish.
- Naturally dry your hair; you can do this by letting your hair to air dry but this will take a little more time than blow drying. Blow drying requires heat which makes it dangerous of drying your hair because heat can make the water in your hair to evaporate hence leading hair breakages.
- Use a paddle brush or wide toothed comb to work out your hair, this will help to free it of knots considering that its painful if you have lots of hair that knot easily. It’s a good practice to finish smooth hair that can be run through with a brush and so this means you will have to acquire a brush like ‘Acca Kappa Professional Pro Pneumatic Hair Brush’ which has a small paddle and heat resistant pins, it’s also designed with round ended pins that help massage the scalp .
- Never wash your wig with a shampoo that is not meant for it or for natural hair because such types of shampoos can make your wig to fall out easily.
- Use a wide-toothed comb; using this type of comb, gently brush out your wig so that you try to get out as many tangles as possible. Be careful not to over brush your hair because too much brushing will make it look like it has been electrocuted.
- Use a straightener; To make your hair straight needs you to acquire a straightener.Also make sure you use it on a lower temperature in case your wig is from synthetic hair, and if you set it on higher temperatures just know that your wig will get spoiled. Its advisable to use the ‘ceramic flat iron’ which is suitable for all hair types and has variable heat setting function, it comes with a movable styling plate for better hair contact, and rounded plate edges to curl hair ends under or to flip them out.
- Use a wig stand to clip up the top layer of the wig hair and slowly straighten different sections of the bottom layer and then the same thing vice verse.
8. ZARA LARGE BY JON RENAU
9. STEVIE WIG BY AMORE
HOW TO STYLE:
This hairstyle has a nice and unique color (Coffee-Latte) which will make you look unique and amazing anywhere. This style looks very simple because of its long layering all the way around, the texture, color and layering helps to slim that round face giving your face more definition. However, if you wish to have this particular layered hairstyle, then you should try out the following steps;
- Wash your hair before doing anything else to remove all the dirt and to make it soft so that it can be styled into any hairstyle.
- Dry your hair with a towel; after apply a thermal spray or mousse in case you are going to blow dry it.
- Comb your hair smooth and bend it with a large round brush and then blow it but with the lowest heat setting so that you don’t damage your hair.
- Use a flat iron; this hair tool will straighten your hair and remove any curls from it,finish up by finger combing just to remove out those remaining curls for a straight hair texture.
- Apply hairspray; like a firm holding or shining hair spray to protect your hair from any heat. Keeping it shiny and firm all day long.
- This wig has long flowing layers which gives you that beautiful and essence look.
- It has monofilament top construction which makes it good for styling and also helps to provide you with comfort
- The wig is made from synthetic hair with an average cap size and a double cap construction. This wig comes in different colors and so you can opt for any other color in case you don’t like this one.
- Washing your hair; wash your hair for at least 2 to 3 times a week but not regularly because this will rip your hair off its natural oils and remember to use a shampoo and conditioner that is specifically made for your hair type.
- Use a wide comb to brush your hair; this type of comb will help to detangle your hair and will also remove any remaining unseen knots from your hair. Use this comb gently and care so that you don’t damage your hair and also remember not to over brush your hair.
- blow dry or air dry your hair; depending on how much time you’re having, you can decide to use a blow dryer if you’re in hurry or you can wait until you air dry just in case you have enough time. You can acquire a good blow dryer to dry your hair with a comb attachment like ‘Laila Ali LADR5601 Turbo Ionic Dryer’ which will help to dry your hair fast while retaining its moisture and reduce frizz.This blow drier has a cold shot button that releases cool air to set the style and comes with a PIK comb attachment which makes straightening while drying your hair easy.
- Detangle your wig using a wig brush or comb; you should do this starting from the ends and work upwards to the base of the wig cap
- Use cold water to rinse your wig; make sure that during this process, water flows in the same direction of your wig hair to avoid tangling; Never soak your human hair wig in a basin because this will cause its hair to tangle or mat together.
- Use a phosphate free shampoo that is specifically made for wigs and distribute this shampoo evenly throughout your hair. Like you can use ‘L’Oreal Ever Pure Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner’ which deeply nourishes and revitalizes dry and damaged hair.It helps your hair color to shine throughout the whole day9.
10. REMY HUMAN HAIR STRAIGHT LACE FRONT WIG:
11.LENGTHY LAYERS HUMAN HAIR WIG
HOW TO STYLE:
This long layered wavy hairstyle will look very great on you in case you have a round face like the lady featured in the above picture. This style has side swept bangs which really on your beauty and almost every woman with long hair would like to have a long wavy style with bangs because it makes her to look great and elegant. You may also try out this style no matter what face type you’re having. following these steps below if you fell in love with this hairstyle:
- Clean your hair properly; wash your hair with sulphate free shampoo and then apply a conditioner, but don’t wash your hair regularly because this reduces its natural oils making it very weak hence breaking up at the end.
- Dry your hair; use a good quality towel to dry your hair and after apply mousse to it before styling it.
- Blow dry your long hair; you should first of all blow dry your bangs and leave them to fall in the direction they naturally lay, then blow dry the crown area and then lastly all the other parts of your hair.
- Use a curling iron; after most of the moisture is reduced from your hair, make it smooth or bend it using a wide round brush together with a blow dryer. Use the curling iron to create those waves on your long hair.
- Apply a shiny and firm holding hairspray to your hair to make it comfortable, firm and shiny all day long.
This is a long layered human hair wig that contains 100% Remy human hair
It comes with an average cape size and has a cape less construction. It works well as a wavy hairstyle and it ideal for almost all face types.
- Try not perming, crimping, straightening, curling, and bleaching or repeatedly coloring of your hair as much as you can. So if you wish to try one of these things, then you should just make it an occasional treatment, not a permanent or an everyday thing.
- Avoid having stress in your life; stress can cause severe loss of hair meaning that if you wish to have such long hair then you should not let stress over come you. Try out different forms of exercise in order to minimize stress from your life.
- Avoid using a blow-driers; Healthy hair respond negatively to heat but still it can sustain heat damage easily especially from blow-driers. When using a blow-drier, dry your hair using the lowest-temperature setting and limit usage of this blow dryer to once a week.
- Use a wig brush; acquire a wig brush with plastic bristles if you want to achieve a good look. Make sure that this brush has wide toothed bristles so that it doesn’t damage your hair, remember not to over dry your hair.
- Air dry your wig; For this matter avoid using a blow dryer because this can damage your hair and remember to let your wig air dry completely before wearing it.
- Wash your wig with cold water; do not use hot water to wash your wig because it will severely damage the wig hair fibers meaning that it will compromise the style and structure of your wig.
- Try not to sleep on or with your wig because this will compromise its structure and style.
- Don’t use heat styling tools on your wig like hair dryers, curling irons, and other heat tools because heat is good at destroying wigs?
ENJOY THE REST OF THE GALLERY FOR LONG HAIRSTYLES FOR ROUND FACES:
12. BLONDE WIG BY VIVICA FOX
13.BLUNT FRINGE LACE WIG:
- 14. LAINE BY RENE OF PARIS
15.FELICITY BY RENE OF PARIS: