Women who have thick long hair have a lot of styling options when it comes to hairstyles, and finding the perfect hairstyle for thick long hair isn’t a hard task at all, In this post I have featured some cool examples from which you can borrow ideas and pimp your looks. However, you need to clean thick hair regularly because it keeps too much oils and moisture, if it’s left un-attended too, your hair might look messy and frizzy.
Remember to always consider your personal style preferences and your work when choosing a particular hairstyle like if you’re going for a formal event, fundraising party or company meeting,
then a clean-up do, ponytail or even a bun will be your best option. In case you are going to a less formal gathering or night party, then a loose low bun will work wonders for you because it brings out the impression of easy beauty.If you have thick long hair then you should know that it is every girls fantasy to have luscious and Strong hair like yours. So it is for this reason that you should take advantage of your long thick hair by choosing awesome styles from this article that can really show off what your hair can do. You can even add style to your long thick hairstyle by applying some bangs which can help to frame out your face perfectly and these long hairstyles will also look great on almost every face shape.
1. Spiral Curls
HOW TO STYLE:
This lady has a cute curly thick long hairstyle with an amazing color and a simple side swept bang which frames out her square shaped face perfectly. This hairstyle looks straight at the crown area up to the cheek born level and has a lot of small curls at the lower section which helps to add texture and volume to this hairstyle. This long curly hairstyle has lots of layers that add movement and body to your hair and even add angles around the face. Below are some of the steps that you can follow when styling your hair like this lady?
- Always start by washing your long thick hair with a good quality shampoo and conditioner, this will make your hair smooth and shiny when its completely dry.
- After drying your hair with a dry towel to remove any excess water from it, keep your hair looking moist and soft so that you can use a blow dryer with a diffuser attachment to gently dry your hair.
- Apply a flexible heat protection spray throughout you dry hair; this will help to protect your hair from heat produced by any heat styling tools that you will use to create that amazing hairstyle.
- Use a small barrel curling iron to create the curls at the lower section of your hair. Set this iron to lowest heat setting so that you won’t have to damage your hair.
- Finish by spraying your hair with flexible hold hairspray because it will help to make your hair smooth and firm for the whole day.
- This is a long layered thick hair wig with spiral curls at the bottom, it also has side swept fringe that helps to frame out your face beautifully and also help to enhance your confidence when you’re wearing this wig.
- The wig comes with a lace front construction that makes this wig very light and cooler. This lace front also creates an illusion of a natural hairline and even provides long lasting comfort and security when wearing this wig.
- It is made from high quality synthetic fiber that can be styled like real human hair and even feels very soft and smooth when wearing it.
- Leave your hair to air-dry as often as possible because this is the best way that you can dry your hair without damaging it. Use a blow dryer with a diffuser attachment in case you’re in a hurry.
- Avoid using metal barrettes like hair slides or even rubber rings without a fabric cover because these hair tools/accessories will destroy the scalp over time and lead to hair breakage.
- Always be gentle when taking care of your hair by simply avoiding hairstyles like ponytails and braids because they can strain your hair strands leading to hair breakages. Avoid using hair bands made of plastic because they can easily cut your hair strands. Use hair bands made from elastic silk, cotton or fiber if you don’t like your hair hanging around your face.
- Select the cold settings or the lowest heat settings when using a blow dryer. In case you have to use hot air, then keep a distance in between your scalp and the blow dryer nozzle. Purchase a good blow dryer like ‘Conair 1875 Watt Turbo Styler with Ionic Conditioning’ which produces natural Ions that help reduce frizz while creating more shine.It includes Cool Shot Button to help lock style in place, and has a hinged Filter for easy cleaning.
- Always use gel wig liners to protect your hairline and skin try to avoid using Cotton and nylon stocking wig caps because they will damage your hairline and even dry your hair out
- When wearing a wig, your scalp receives less stimulation hence this means that you should try scalp massages because they will help in promoting scalp circulation and hair growth.
- Never put your wig over wet or damp hair because this will create a breeding ground for germs and fungus hence damaging your nails in the long run.
- Shampoo and condition your wig because Shampooing and caring for it will help to keep that wig clean and even prolong its life span. Use a wig shampoo and conditioner like ‘Remy SoftMoisturelab System – Safe for Hair Extensions, Weaves and Wigs – Salon Formula Shampoo, Conditioner & Serum – Gentle Sulfate-free Lather’ which does not contain sulfates, and it’s a color-safe formula, Maintains proper moisture levels and prevents tangling, contains Antioxidants protect hair and control fading, Silicone based formula seals hair shaft and locks in moisture, and has a UV safe formula that blocks the damaging effects of the sun.
2. Curly Side Swept Bangs
3. Long Straight
HOW TO STYLE:
The lady featured in the picture above has a dense, thick long hairstyle with big curls at the bottom and long layers all over the head. This hairstyle has a blunt side swept bang which makes this long hairstyle flattering on every face shape and bangs can look good on every hair type if styled properly. This cute long thick hairstyle also falls beyond your shoulders making it perfect for a red carpet party or even an important occasion like a wedding. Below are some of the steps that guide you through the process of styling your hair like the lady featured above?
- Wash your hair with a voluminous shampoo and conditioner in order to make it look smooth, silky and soft when its completely dry’s.
- After, pat your hair dry with a good micro fiber towel so that you can remove excess water from it. Leave your hair dry naturally after you have removed excess water from it.
- Use a blow dryer with a diffuser attachment in case you don’t have time to wait for your wig to dry naturally.
- Section your hair into two parts and then use a large barrel curling iron to create those waves at the lower section of your hair. Make sure that you apply a heat setting hair spray to your hair before you start curling it because this will help to protect your hair from heat produced by the curling iron and will also help the style to last for longer period.
- Use wide toothed brush together with that curling iron and then start to style or create the side swept bangs and after flip the hair ends using the curling iron.
- Complete your hairstyle by applying a good quality reflection shine hairspray. This will make your hair to look super shiny and smooth throughout the day.
- This is an extra-long black charming wig with lots of long, textured layers throughout the entire perimeter. This wig looks glamorous and very beautiful with that wispy side swept fringe that helps to frame the face whilst.
- The wig has a comfortable lace front cap construction which provides a neat and cool environment when putting on this wig all day long.
- It is made from high quality synthetic fiber which looks and feels very smooth and soft like real human hair and it can even be styled like your natural hair.
- Try to use hair shampoos that do not contain sulfates or parabens. These chemicals are not healthy for your hair or even the environment, it is for this reason that you should try to use shampoos with natural hair cleansers.
- Wash your hair carefully with a good-quality shampoo and conditioner. Don’t wash your hair too often because this will leave hair dried out and leeched of its natural oils. Try to wash your hair only twice a week so that you don’t cause damage to it.
- Always use conditioners that contain balanced ingredients and should also avoid using hair products with too much protein because such products can leave your hair feeling desiccated and brittle. Buy a conditioner like ‘Dove Nourishing Oil Conditioner’ which leaves you with fabulous, frizz-proof hair that’s soft as silk and shimmering with vitality, nourishes dry hair, and it is formulated with nutrient-oils that rapidly absorb into each hair strand replenishing essential nutrients.
- Use a good quality frizz-control serum but in small quantities in order to tame hair frizz. Remember not use too much of this product because it will lead to build up with in your hair making it to feel and look heavy.
- You should also wash your hair once a week with a deep-cleansing shampoo to avoid build-up which can leave it looking dull and flaky.
- Try to keep hair that is underneath your wig cap moisturized.Apply light oils to your scalp such as jojoba or almond in order to avoid product buildup. Avoid overloading your hair with too much products while it is underneath the wig because this will lead to product buildup, clogged pores, and even possible hair loss.
- Don’t bunch your hair up under a wig or cap because making your hair folded under a wig could cause severe breakages. Try to keep your hair braided or wrapped up neatly under the wig because this will help to keep your hair healthy and to even keep your wig in place.
- Use a wig comb to separate the individual wig strands while working from the tips of the hair inwards. You can even use your fingers to style the wig. Don’t brush or pull your wig strands too hard since the wig hairs are synthetic fiber hence you are most likely to damage the wig, so be gentle at all times when brushing or styling your wig. Purchase a good quality wig brush like ‘Spornette Super Looper Salon Brush BR-19X’ which specializes in brushing and styling without damaging your wig, great for extensions and wigs.
- Always use a wire or plastic wig stand to store your hairpiece/wig in case you don’t have one then you can store your wig under a wig net or on a bottle of hair spray.
4. Long Curls
HOW TO STYLE:
This lady has a cute long curly hairstyle with a soft side swept bang which frames out her oval face perfectly. This is a classic curly long hairstyle that will never even go out of style and in case you wish to try out something elegant and classy for that important occasion then this hairstyle should be your first choice. Curly hair looks great on women with oval or square face shape compared to those with round faces and it will look best on hair types ranging from thin to thick hair textures. Below are some of the steps that you can use to style your hair like the lady featured in the picture above?
- Begin with detangling your hair using a wide toothed brush then wash it with cool or Luke warm water that has been mixed with a mild shampoo. Apply a good hair conditioner to hair before doing the final rinse because this will help to make your hair smooth, soft and shiny.
- Dry your hair with a good micro fiber towel in order to remove any excess water from it then blow dry it on low heat setting until you notice that it has become moist.
- Get a medium sized barreled curling iron and work it vertically through your hair to create those amazing spiral curls.
- Leave the curls to cool naturally and then use your fingers to breakup the curls and to create that amazing curly spiral effect, do this gently and never use a brush or comb to brush your curls because you will just disorganize the hairstyle and even remove the curls from it.
- Get a good wide toothed comb and use it to create the smooth side swept bangs, these bangs will help to frame your face and even add beauty to your curly hairstyle.
- Use a firm holding and shining hairspray to mist your hair allover, this will help to make your hair shiny and smooth for the whole day.
- This is a long luscious curly wig with a side swept bang and cascading curls that twist into long spiral layers.
- The wig is made from high quality synthetic fiber that looks and feels like real human hair. This type of hair material can even be styled with heat styling tools but you should only use products that are made to work on synthetic hair because they will help to sustain your wig for a longer period of time.
- It comes with a lace front cap construction which helps to create an illusion of natural hairline and natural hair growth in areas where your hair is parted.
- Avoid brushing your hair too much. Though brushing your hair stimulates the follicles which promote growth, you should not brush your hair too much or too often because this will cause damage to your hair strands resulting into frizz and split ends. Use a brush like ‘SHARKK® Hair Brush Professional Detangling Shower Brush For Wet Or Dry Hair For Women, Men, And Children’ which is designed for smooth and easy brushing.It doesn’t pull hair and very soft on scalp, work great on wet and dry hair, and has soft thin bristles with rounded ends.
- Try to avoid using a blow-drier because healthy hair does not respond well to heat produced by this tool. Hair can also sustain heat damage easily, especially that from blow-driers in case you have to use a blow-drier then you should set it to the lowest-temperature setting and even limit its usage to once a week.
- Trim your hair after 6 to 8 weeks because this is the best way to get rid of split ends and you should do it yourself. All the women with perfect hair never have split ends because they make it a priority to get their hair trimmed.
- Comb your wig into any desired style using a wide toothed comb or you can also finger style it. Never use heat styling tools on your wig because you will end up damaging it.
- Store your wig on a Styrofoam-head or wig stand and remember to keep it covered with a scarf to keep dust and dirt from falling on it. You can also turn the wig inside out and store it in a plastic bag.
- Keep your wig in a great condition by treating it regularly with a light spray of a good quality wig fiber oil conditioner. This will help to prevent tangles and frizz within your wig. Use a wig fiber conditioner like ‘WIG CONDITIONER Aspen Collection’ which is a wig Conditioner for Synthetic Fibers and also revitalizes your wig.
5. Curly Human Hair
6. Charlotte (Wavy) by Amore
HOW TO STYLE:
This lady features a long face framing curly hairstyle with textured layers and soft body making anyone that is having this particular hairstyle to look great and also feel very cute and beautiful. This blonde curly hairstyle will look perfect on any face shape and you can even have this hairstyle in case you’re going for an important occasion like a wedding. Below are some of the steps that can guide you through the styling process of this particular hairstyle;
- Begin with washing your hair thoroughly with a good quality shampoo, apply and massage the shampoo through on the hair roots and ends then use a hair conditioner on your hair before doing the final rinse.
- Use a towel or blow dryer with a diffuser attachment to dry your hair thoroughly but remember to apply a heat protection spray in case you’re going to use a blow dryer.
- Section your hair into different parts and then secure each section with bobby pins or clips.
- Use a large barreled curling iron to curl each section but do set your curling iron to the lowest heat setting so that you don’t expose your hair to high heat temperatures which may make your hair to look and feel very dry and brittle.
- Allow your curls cool and then gently rake your fingers through your hair to loosen them in order to create that wavy pattern within your hair.
- Finish by misting your hair with a good quality shining and firm holding hairspray. This will help make your hair shiny and firm for the whole day.
- This is a wavy long face framing wig with textured soft layers that add body to it when wearing it. It has a simple side swept bang that makes your face to look amazing and cute and it also falls just below the shoulders.
- It is made from 100% Remy human hair which is also of the highest quality hence this means that the wig can be styled in many different ways even with heat styling tools and no one will be able to notice that you’re wearing a wig in case you put it on.
- The wig comes with a lace front and monofilament cap construction which helps to create an illusion of natural hairline and natural hair growth in section where hair is parted.
- Always comb your hair before washing it because this will help to reduce on tangles and knots that are caused during the Shampooing process.
- Don’t gather or tie wet hair into a ponytail because this will prevent it from getting dry quickly. Loosely hanging hair will dry faster. Wet hair is more sensitive to mistreatment whereby even a simple rubber hair tie will cause damage to your hair in case it is still wet.
- You must always use a hair conditioner every after washing hair with a shampoo and remember to apply a special hair treatment for at least once in a week. Use a conditioner like ‘Long Aid K7 Hair & Scalp Conditioner’ which gives longer and stronger-looking hair, helps protect hair from breakage while sustaining dampness and moisture, conditions unmanageable hair very well making it to look very soft and shiny.
- Don’t rub or twist your hair when toweling it dry. Instead, gently press a towel against the top of your hair and then push it slowly towards the tips of your hair. This will help to absorb excess water from your hair and even maintains a smooth dandruff layer.
- Never brush your wig with a regular comb or hairbrush. Use a good quality wig brush when brushing that wig in order to prevent it from getting damaged. Purchase a wig brush like ‘Brush Strokes Steel Pin Cushion Wig Brush‘ which is excellent for thick hair, extensions and hair weaves, has Wire bristles that penetrate hair with ease, and it is also gentle on hair.
- Always make sure that your natural hair is clean and dry or you can even wear a wig cap before putting on your wig. This will help to keep the wig always clean and it will even require less washing.
- Don’t use hot water for washing your wigs because it will burn your synthetic wig and caps and make them to lose their shapes and structure, use cool or Luke-warm water instead.
7. Wavy 100% Remy Human Hair
8. Human Hair Straight Full Lace Wig
9. Synthetic Long Wig
10.Long Blonde Taylor Swift Wavy Hairstyle
HOW TO STYLE:
This lady has a modern long curly celebrity hairstyle with a wispy side swept bang and also falls over past her shoulders. This hairstyle looks very pretty and this makes it perfect for any red carpet occasion but in case you have a wedding or humble ceremony to attend then you can still style your hair like this lady(Taylor swift). Below are the steps that you can follow when styling your hair like this celebrity?
- Begin by washing your long hair with a mild shampoo mixed with cool or Luke warm water. After apply a hair conditioner and then massage it gently through your hair starting from the roots to the tips of your hair. Rinse out the hair product thoroughly using cold water.
- Apply a good quality mousse to your hair starting from the roots to the tips.
- Blow-dry your hair using a round brush or paddle brush so that it can dry evenly. Use a blow dryer that has a diffuser attachment and you should also set this dryer to lowest heat setting so that you don’t expose your hair to much heat which will end-up damaging it.
- Grab a curling wand and use it to create those loose curls and waves throughout the hairstyle. You can easily do this by wrapping hair vertically around the wand in-order to create the beautiful curls and waves.
- Release your hair from the wand and then leave it to cool naturally. After, gently run your fingers through the curls to break them up in-order to create the loose waves.
- Finish by applying a texturizing hair spray throughout your hairstyle, this will help to keep your hair shiny, smooth and firm for the whole day.
- This a modern long blonde female celebrity wig with a simple side swept bang which helps to frame any face shape perfectly. This wig has soft loose curls or waves that start flowing from the ear length moving down to the ends of hair hence making it to feel and look very comfortable compared to other wigs.
- It made from high quality Indian Remy hair which can be styled in a way that you wish and you can even use heat styling on it.
- The wig comes with a lace front cap construction which creates an illusion of natural hairline hence making it difficult for people to notice that you’re actually wearing a wig.
11. Medium Brown Female Rihanna Wavy Celebrity Hairstyle
12. Wavy Long Hair
13. Long Synthetic Curls
14. Long Soft Wavy
15. Gisele by Jon Renau
16. Medium Blonde Female Paris Hilton Wavy
17. Long Curly Brown African American
Source of the pictures: http://www.wigs800.com/