”Short hairstyles are usually associated with drastic life changes like when some are tired of having long hair or when you’re so sick to have long hair. Most women have been historically expected to have long hair and a lady who cut hair short was taken to be rebellious by nature.” On this list, I have featured different types of short haircuts and these include pixie, bobs, short messy and so much more.
However, today almost every woman has tried out short haircut because it indicates a fearless and commanding attitude but these hairstyles also look a fun and they are even easy to style and maintain compared to long hairstyles.
Short haircuts look very amazing because they help to bring out features that are normally hidden by long hair hence making you to look perfect and attractive when having a short haircut. Most teenagers like having short haircuts because they are very easy to Style and to maintain than long hairstyles. Always try to first consult your hairstylist in order for you to know which haircut style can work best for your hair texture and type and what looks good on your face shape before you go for any of the short haircuts that are featured in this article.
1. Short Messy
HOW TO STYLE:
This woman has an adorable short haircut which looks fluffy and full bodied with a wispy styling. The haircut has layers that are visible and a soft wispy bang at the front which helps to frame out her face perfectly. The haircut has a messy and spiky look which makes it thrilling and amazing hence resulting into a soft short haircut with lots of dimension and movement. Below are some of the guidelines that you should follow when styling your hair like this lady?
- Begin by cleaning your hair with a good shampoo using cool water and then dry it out with a good micro-fiber towel or with blow-dryer that has a diffuser attachment but it would even be best to leave your short hair to air dry.
- After, apply a hair styling product like a gel, mousse or even a hairspray. But you should try not to apply too much of these products into your hair because they will make it to look dull and greasy.
- Gently rake your fingers through your short hair in order to remove any tangles and knots.Grab and use a blow dryer to dry it. Avoid over drying your short hair because excess heat will make it to look very dry and brittle, just make sure that your hair is dry but moist in case you wish to achieve good results.
- Set style and make your bangs smooth with a curling iron but make sure that you set the curler to a moderate heat setting so that you don’t burn your short hair.
- Finish by applying a hair styling product like a shining and firm holding hair spray in order to add texture to your short hair and to even make it look shiny and firm throughout the whole day.
- This is a short cropped style wig which looks edgy, spiked, soft and natural like real human hair. This wig is very easy to style and maintained compared to longer wigs.
- Its made from high quality Ambient synthetic fiber which is a heat resistant fiber hence this means that you can heat styling tools on in order to achieve different looks using a temperature controlled flat iron or curling iron. Its fibers will cool for 60 seconds after using your iron to straighten or curl.
- The wig comes with a full lace cap construction which helps to create an illusion of a natural hairline across the entire perimeter and even creates an impression of natural hair growth in sections where hair is parted.
- Avoid applying to many hair products in your hair; your hair needs these hair styling products because they keep the hair strands in shape and even help during the styling process. However, some hair care products will just cause harm than good to your natural hair in the long run and try not to use products that contain lots of oil because they will make your hair dull and greasy like gels and pomades.
- Maintain and clean short hair with a good quality shampoo and conditioner. This will help to keep your hair healthy, smooth, soft and shiny. Go for a shampoo and conditioner like ‘Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Shampoo & Conditioner Combo Set’ which is sulfate, phosphate, and paraben free, color protecting, restores elasticity and contains reconstructive keratin fatty acids.
- Try to make regular hair trims; trimming will help to keep your short hair looking great and even maintain its shape. Carry out these regular trims every after 4-5 weeks in order to remove any split ends from your short haircut.
- Only use cold water to wash your wig and to rinse off any remaining shampoo and conditioner from it. Try to use a mild conditioner on your wig because it reduces the risk of tangling with in your synthetic wig.
- Place your wig on a dry towel after washing it and allow the towel to absorb the excess water from it. You should also wash your synthetic wig after wearing it forever 14 to 18 times.
- Use a good wig brush to comb your wig and remember to always brush your wig especially after using it, try to brush it beginning from the bottom and gently work your way upwards. Buy a wig brush like ‘Diane Weave Brush’ which is made of nylon loop bristles, it is extremely gentle on hair and scalp, and it is perfect for weaves, wigs and falls/ponytails.
2. Short Lace Front
HOW TO STYLE:
This lady has a cute short haircut with little sideways curves and wispy textured bangs which make her to look really fun and amazing. This adorable short haircut has lots of textured layers that you can be revealed at a closer look. This haircut looks chic, amazing and this is enhanced by the bumpy little lift at the crown area that add a unique shape and some volume making this haircut perfect for any occasion or even a simple party. Below are the steps to follow when styling this particular hairstyle;
- Gently clean your hair with a mild shampoo and conditioner that is specifically meant to work on short hair. Massage these hair products gently into your hair and scalp and then rinse them out thoroughly with cool or Luke warm water.
- Blow-dry your short hair using a good paddle brush. Dry your hair with this blow-dryer while brushing through your short hair in order to make it and straight but always remember to brush your hair in a downward motion.
- After, style the fringe with a small paddle brush because these bangs will softly frames your face. Create a slight separation between the bangs and then lightly flip the bangs sideways.
- Then style the rest of your hair with a flat iron that has been set to the lowest heat setting in order to straighten out your hair.
- Sweep your short hair at the sides and then deconstruct it lightly using your fingertips in order to create that fine messy texture.
- Finish by using a firm holding hairspray. This hair product will help to make your hair smooth, shiny and firm for the whole day.
- This is a simple short lace front wig with some feathered bangs which help to frame your face perfectly. This wig feels very soft, smooth and comfortable when wearing it.
- It is made from Remy human hair which is of high quality hence it can even be styled with heat styling tools and provides you with various styling options.
- The wig has a lace front cap construction which helps to create an illusion of a natural hairline and also makes you to feel very comfortable when wearing this wig.
- This wig comes with a monofilament top which provides ventilation to your wig and even creates an illusion of natural hair growth in sections where hair is parted.
- Avoid blow drying your short hair because this will make the hair strands to frizz up and even stand on the ends. Try to avoid over straightening short hair because this stresses the hair strands hence your hair will end up breaking in the long run.
- Wash your short hair often but not every day; you should wash short hair for at least 3 times a week and make sure you don’t wash it for more than 5 times because this will strip it of its natural oils and make it to look very dry and brittle.
- Use a hair shampoo and conditioner that prevents hair from frizz, tangling and also leaves your hair texture smooth and silky. Purchase ‘Avalon Organics Scalp and Hair Treatment Shampoo and Conditioner’ which Builds body in fine, thinning hair, encourages hair growth and nourishes hair from follicle through entire shaft, Strengthens hair strands and boosts volume so hair feels thicker and softer.
- Don’t use hot water to wash your wig because it will make the wig cap to lose its shape and structure. However, use a cool or Luke-warm water to clean your wig but when using a good wig shampoo and conditioner like ‘Nexxus Polymedic Emergency Re constructor Conditioner’ which Stops breakage, Restores flexibility, and Magnifies shine and depth of color.
- Leave the wig to air-dry at room temperatures by placing it on a good wig stand or over a slender canister because it will allow air circulation through the wig. Never put your wig on a Styrofoam head when it is still wet because this will stretch its cap and make the wig to lose its style and shape.
- Always brush your wig gently with a wig brush but try not to over brush it because you may cause damage to the wig cap and even remove some of its hair strands hence making it to look worn out in a very short period of time.
3. Chin Length Bob Style
4. Playful Short Shag
5. Short Length
HOW TO STYLE:
This lady featured above has a short length spiky hairstyle with a wispy bang. The crown area of this short hairstyle is spiked up and along the sides that spikes facing downwards making this haircut to look fun and funky on your face. Below are some of the steps that you can follow when styling your hair like this lady?
- Always begin by washing your hair thoroughly with a good shampoo and then apply a mild shampoo before doing the final rinse, then use cold water to rinse out these hair products.
- Towel dry your short hair by wringing out excess water from it. Never twist or even squeeze your hair with a towel because this will make it to look brittle and very dry and you may even end up breaking your strands.
- Apply a spray mousse throughout your short hair, massage and concentrate this mousse at the hair roots. This will help to add texture and volume to your hair.
- Use your fingers to tousle hair, and then lift it at the roots to create lots of volume. Do this while you blow dry hair and make sure that the blow dryer is set at lowest heat setting so that heat from it does not damage your hair.
- Create and style the wispy bangs over your eyebrows with a small brush.These bangs will help to frame your face and also add more beauty to your short hairstyle.
- Start to arrange your hair randomly as you’re spraying it with a texture wax for definition and pulling individual strands here and there in order to create that unique look.
- Complete your short hairstyle with a high hold hairspray because it will help to make your hairstyle smooth, shiny and firm hence keeping it in strong shape.
- This is a short length close out styled wig with spiky hair and a wispy front bang and also has a tapered nape.
- The wig has a pure stretch cap wig construction which makes it a custom and precise fit.
- This wig is made from high quality synthetic fiber which makes it to look natural and even offers all day comfortable wear.
- It has a cap less cap construction which creates an illusion of natural hair growth in areas where your hair parted.
- Try not to use too much of hair styling products on your hair because they will make your hair greasy and oily hence it will become heavy making it very hard to style. Never leave any styling product in your hair over the night because it will severely damage your hair, make sure that you rinse out all these products using cool water mixed with good shampoo. Purchase a shampoo like ‘Ultrax Labs Hair Surge Caffeine Hair Loss Hair Growth Stimulating Shampoo’ with highly effective micro blend caffeine shampoo technology because it reduces hair loss, stimulate hair growth and block effects of testosterone with in the skin, and it’s the most effective topically available shampoo formula for men and women.
- Apply a good deep conditioner to your hair for at least once in two weeks because it will help to prevent your hair from breaking and even sustain or shield its natural color.
- Consult a professional hairstylist so that you can get to know about your hair texture and type. This will help you to choose the right products to use on your hair and to know the hairstyles that can work best for your hair type and texture hence this means that your hair will always look great and amazing.
- Use a nice wig stand to store your wig when it is not under use and you can even place your wig on this stand to dry naturally or when you are going to style it. Buy a wig stand like ‘Ari Folding Wig Hair Stand’ which is Made of Plastic Material and it is a Folding & Stable Stand.
- Avoid using hair styling tools that produce excess heat like hair dryers, blow dryers, straightening and curling irons because the heat they produce can severely damage wig fibers and even make it to lose its shape and structure.
- Gently brush the wig with a god quality wig brush, this type of brush will help to remove any tangles from your wig. After, shampoo it and wash it with cold water and remember to apply a mild conditioner before doing the final rinse.
6. Short Boy Cut
7. Chic Chin-Length Synthetic Wig
HOW TO STYLE:
This lady has a pretty short chin length curly hairstyle with textured layers all over which make this haircut to look soft,sweet and full. The haircut has tousled curly hair allover with a wispy side swept bang which frames out this lady’s round shaped face perfectly. This hairstyle looks perfect on women who have thin or fine hair because it adds volume and texture to such hair types. Below are the guidelines that you can follow when styling your hair like that featured in the picture above.
- Start by going to the shower in order to wash your hair thoroughly with a good shampoo followed by a mild hair conditioner. Rinse out the hair product gently with cold water.
- Then, dry your curly hair with a good micro fiber towel in order to remove excess water from it.Don’t twist or rub your hair with towel because this will irritate it and even make your hair to look very dry and brittle.
- Part your hair to the sides using a wide toothed comb but you should do this carefully so that you don’t damage your hair.
- Blow-dry your hair while passing your fingers through it until you notice that it is just moist. Try to use a blow dryer diffuser to scrunch and dry hair on the top but remember to set this heat styling tool to a medium heat setting so that heat from it does not damage your hair.
- Use a good medium sized curling iron to create the amazing wavy texture throughout your hair but remember to apply a heat protection spray to your hair before you start using this curler.
- Style hair at the back with a wide toothed round brush while aiming the air stream from the blow dryer up and over the brush to create a flip.
- Apply a spray wax all over your hairstyle because this will help to give your curls and flips more definition.
- Conclude by setting style to your hair with medium or high hold hairspray. This spray will help to make your hairstyle smooth, soft, shiny and firm for the whole day.
- This is a soft, sweet and full curly chin length bob wig with lots of layers allover.It has a wispy side swept bang which frames any face shape perfectly and even has tousled layers that help to add volume to this wigs hair.
- It is made of high quality synthetic hair fiber which looks and feels soft and smooth and it is also a ready to wear wig, the wig is also designed to look and feel like natural hair.
- The wig has a cap-less cap construction which will help to create an illusion of natural hair growth in sections where hair is separated. This cap is always open hence this means that the wig is well ventilated making it to feel very comfortable when wearing it.
- Try to air dry your hair sometimes so that you don’t expose it to heat produced by blow dryers because such heat can easily make your hair to look very dry and brittle. Air drying will help to keep your hair looking healthy and shiny.
- Choose a good quality conditioner and shampoo that best suits your hair type and texture. Go for a shampoo that will help to control the natural hair oils but not to get rid of these oils.
- Always clean your hair with a good quality hair mask for at least once in a week. This will help to replenish and to even treat damaged hair. A good hair mask will even help to keep your hair healthy and it controls hair from getting oily. Buy a hair mask like ‘Macadamia Natural Oil Moisturizing Rinse‘ which will provide deep nourishment and long lasting conditioning to your hair.
- Use a wide toothed wig comb or a wire wig brush to thoroughly brush your wig, try to avoid using regular brushes because they will severely damage your wig fibers.
- Use cool or Luke-warm water that has been mixed with a good quality wig shampoo to wash your synthetic wig, don’t ever use hot water to wash your synthetic wig because it will compromise the shape of your wig cap hence this makes the wig to lose its original style and structure.
- Avoid sleeping with your wig on because it will lose its shape and style. You should acquire a good wig stand on which to place your wig.If you’re not using it or even at night when going to bed. Purchase a wig stand like ‘Uniwigs Professional Salon Quality Portable Plastic Durable Folding Wig Stand Holder’ which is a Portable and folding wig stand, Easy to assemble and disassemble, and Hold your wig in perfect shape.
8. Short Pixie Cut
9. Short Sassy Shag
10. Short Bob
HOW TO STYLE:
There are very many types of bobs but the lady featured in the picture above has a classic short bob cut with long delicate layers on top and at the sides making it to look very simple but elegant and natural. This hairstyle will work best for house women because it is actually easy to style and to maintain even when at home. This hairstyle has uneven tapering which gives it added movement and volume but below are some of the steps that you can follow to style your hair into this classic bob haircut;
- Start by thoroughly washing your hair with a mild shampoo and conditioner and thereafter apply a hair styling mousse through hair when it is still damp but don’t use too much of the product because this will make your hair oily and greasy.
- Part your hair into two sections with a wide toothed comb. Do this carefully so that you do not cause damage to your hair and try not to over brush your hair when it is still wet or moist.
- After, blow dry hair using a good quality blow dryer with a diffuser attachment. Pass a medium-sized paddle brush through your hair when blow drying it because this help to aim air from roots to tips of your hair.
- Finish by spraying with a light to medium hold hairspray. This spray will help to give that complete look and feel to your haircut. Don’t use too much of the product because it will make your to look greasy and dull.
- This is a classic short bob wig with delicate layers on top and at the sides which help to add volume and texture to this wig.
- It comes with an exclusive smart lace technology which provides you with the most natural hairline and you don’t need tape or glue to tie this wig.
- The wig is made from high quality synthetic fiber that feels very soft and smooth and one can even style this fiber with heat styling tools like curlers and straighteners without them getting damaged hence this also offers a wide range of styling options to this wig.
- You should know your hair type and scalp before applying any styling product to your hair because this will help you to choose the right products to use on your hair hence you will achieve better results from your hair. If you just apply any styling product to your hair before knowing your hair type then just know that you’re about to severely damage your hair.
- Wash and clean your hair every after 2 -3 days but not on a daily basis. This will help to keep your hair looking healthy, smooth, silky and shiny.Regular washing of hair will just rip your hair off its natural oils and make it to look very dry and brittle.
- Use a mild hair conditioner on your natural hair because it will help to keep your hair moisturized, healthy, stronger and even easier to manage. Apply the conditioner after washing your hair with a good shampoo but before doing the final rinse. Purchase a conditioner like ‘Dove Nourishing Oil Conditioner’ which Leaves you with fabulous, frizz-proof hair that’s soft as silk and shimmering with vitality, Nourishes dry hair,and its Formulated with nutrient-oils that rapidly absorb into each hair strand replenishing essential nutrients.
- Use your fingers and a good quality wig brush to remove tangles and any remaining knots from your synthetic wig. Don’t brush your wig in case it has curls because this will strain the wig strands and make its fibers to break.
- Place or store your wig on a good quality wig stand after using it like at night when you’re going to bed or when you’re going style. You can even let the wig to air-dry on this wig stand and try to always comb your wig from this stand.
- Cover your synthetic wig with a hair net while storing it, this will prevent dust from falling onto your wig and even help to minimize and prevent tangling your wig in case you won’t be using it for a longer period of time.
- Don’t expose your synthetic wig to high temperatures that are produced by heat styling tools like blow dryers, flat irons, curling irons, etc.Because such heat will damage and even burn the wig fiber hence compromising the structure and shape of your wig cap.
11. Short Kinky Curly
12. Striking Layers
13. Angled Short Asymmetrical Cut Tapered Layers
14. Curly Short
15. Short Bob Style
Source of the pictures: http://www.wigs800.com