Women with square face shapes can wear almost any style of short hair. As a general rule it is better you avoid straight lines and go for soft curls or layer your hair. On this list, I have featured both natural styled short haircuts and wigs. So, if you are not sure about the haircut you can try wig first.
The shape of your face plays a big role while choosing a short hairstyle, once you flatter your square face with the right haircut, you will look younger and glamorous. Today on CircleTrest, i have compiled a list of the best short hairstyles for women with square faces, look through this list and see if you can find a style which flatters your cute square face.
Try this Asymmetric Angle Bob with a Bang: They always say that ”Never Judge a Book By Its Cover”, but I might not agree with that for a just a minute, because the lady in this photo looks fabulous and lovely, her smile is perfect. If you’re heading to a party or date and you want to make a long lasting impression, this will be a cool short hairstyle for you. See how it flatters her square face; without doubt, if you have a similar square face, this trend will look good on you.
HOW TO HAVE THIS SHORT HAIRSTYLE?
- Cut your hair short: This short bob is not on the same level, the behind part is shorter than the rest of the hair. So to archive this, you will need some one to help you trim your behind hair. Then the hair on the sides has a sharp edge.
- Condition and wet your hair: As you can see the lady in the photo above, her short asymmetric bob looks shinny and healthy. This is because it is well moist and it ‘s super thick. Don’t use a blower to dry this type of hair because it might wipe out all the moisture, I suggest you opt for the towel method. Also make sure that you avoid hair conditioning / shampoo products with sodium chloride, because this chemical will leave your hair dry.
- Comb your hair with a small toothed comb: Comb your hair downwards towards the jaws, if the hair has less moisture, try to spray it as you comb it downwards. After this process, you will see that some splits at the edge of your hair, trim them off so that your short bob looks neat.
- Side the bang: Not every woman with a bob has a bang, but if you have one like the lady in the photo above, you can also pull it to the sides.
THINGS YOU WILL NEED:
If you plan to do this style by your self while at home, you might need some of these products. However, if you fail to style your own hair, of fail to get a friend to help you out, please go to the salon and get a perfect makeover.
- Small –toothed comb
- Hair conditioner / Shampoo with natural ingredients
- Hair Spray to keep the hair moist and shinny
- A pair of Scissors for trimming your hair.
- Two Mirrors
CATEGORIES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Cute African American Hairstyles
- Best Celebrity Hairstyles
- Incredible Curly & Wavy Hairstyles
- Cute Hair Extensions & Wigs
- Recommended Hair Products for Women
- Insanely Beautiful Short Hairstyles
- Glamorous Long Hairstyles
- Amazing Medium Hairstyles
- Cool Wedding Hairstyles
Lighting short Curly Hairstyle: Pimp your square face with this cute short hair style. If you have a small head with a square face shape, this short fine curly hairstyle will look good on you. This type of hair is very light and fine. Look at the lady in the picture above, almost each strand of her hair is independent, but she gathered it together by combing it to different directions. To keep this style for long, you need to moist your hair regularly and trim all lose ends to make it neat.
HOW TO STYLE:
Damp your hair: For a great effect, you need to keep your hair moist, so wash your short hair clean and apply a volumizing lotion to give your short hair a thick look. Please, remember to dry your hair with a towel before applying any cream.
- Cut your hair super short: As you can see in the photo above, the lady has super short hair, so you will need to cut your hair up to that level. Women with square face shapes look fabulous with super short hair, so you don’t have to worry about your looks.
- Use a medium hold gel: If you look closely to the lady in the photo above, her strands are standing alone, to maintain your short hair in that style, you need to use a holding gel to make each strand stiff but soft.
- Comb your hair: Use a wide-toothed comb to style your short hair. You can start from the middle and comb your hair to the sides just like the lady above.
- Side sweep the bang: For a great look, with such a super short haircut, you need to side sweep your bang so that it integrates with the rest of the hair, this will create more space for your square face shape.
Brown and Black Tinted Short Hair for Square Face shape: African American women with square face shapes, you can opt for this side swept short bob hairstyle by Rihanna. However, you will probably have to tint your hair the same way as it is done in the picture above, but if you have a dark color skin, I suggest you opt for brown & black tint. This hairstyle is somehow sophisticated, so you might find it difficult to style this short haircut by your self, in that case, I suggest you go to the saloon and get an extreme hair makeover.
Regular maintenance will require moisturizing the hair with a spray or moderate hold gel and combing your hair with a wide toothed comb.
Short Hairstyles for Square Faces Over 50: Many grown up ladies have a dream of cutting their age and look younger, so such a short pixie haircut will take away 20 years from your looks and make you look 30. Women with square face shapes look fabulous with this pixie hairstyle because it flatters their faces very well. Making it messy like the lady in the photo above will defiantly make you look casual and young.
Straight Blonde Medium Length Haircut: If you don’t want to commit your self to very short hair, I guess you will love this medium length haircut. It’s cute and it will flatter your square face shape in a very fancy way. However, to have such a hairstyle, you need to cut your long hair so that it stops just below the chin and then condition it for a new straight hairstyle. But before ironing your hair, you need to use a heat protectant so that your hair does not get any damages. Make sure you use a wide toothed comb to brush your hair downwards, and then flatten it straight. You can as well apply some little serum / gel in your hands and apply it gently in your hair, this will make it look shinny and it will also give it a thick volume.
A messy / vintage pixie can look good with grey hair. Aging does not mean that your off fashion, you can easily add value to your looks by opting for haircuts which make you look younger. However, when you get older, your hair becomes weak, so you have to avoid using strong hair products.
15 BEST SHORT WIGS FOR SQUARE FACES:
You can flatter a square face with wigs which look exactly like human hair; all the 15 featured wigs below will flatter your face in an amazing way, so you can save both money and time by opting for any of these wigs meant for square faces. When it comes to choosing a colored wig, you have to be sure that the color complements your skin tone.
BOB BLONDE WIG:
- 1. Fine Hairstyle For Square Face
SMOOTH CHIC BOB WIG:
- 2. Short Blonde hairstyle for square faces
Spice up your looks with this cute short blonde bob haircut, it is a wig so you can buy it and wear it immediately, or you can go to a saloon and get an extreme makeover. Bleaching your hair to a blonde color should not be that difficult, however, the all process will take a while, so you have to be patient. Before bleaching your hair, condition and wash it so that it becomes soft, hair dye will work very well when hair is soft and moist. If you want to the bleaching by your self while at home, please remember to read instructions on the dye box, they include color mixing rules and a how to apply guide. Time is very essential when it comes to hair bleaching; you need to know when the dye will be fully active and when to wash it out. Blonde hair is too sensitive, if you do it wrongly, you will notice brown / red patches all over your head.
WAVY SHORT WIG:
- 3. Super Short Wavy Hairstyle for Square Faces
- 4. Blonde Wavy Short Hairstyle and Wig for Square Face
PLATINUM BLONDE SHORT WIG:
- 5. Cute Short Hairstyle for Square Faces
Some times you might need something different and casual; in this case, you can opt for the chic short haircut featured in the picture above. Women with fine hair, you will fall for this simple platinum blonde haircut. Side sweep the bang just like the lady in the photo above and mess up your hair with your fingers, this will give you a sharp casual look. You should consider spraying your hair so that it stays moist and smooth; I also recommend using a starch hair spray so that it holds the messy waves.
So how do you know if you have a square face or not:
If you’re not sure about your face shape, you can either ask your hairstylist, because they have enough experience to identify and classify each face shape. However, a square shaped face is characterized by a square jaw line and hairline.
- 6. Side-Swept Bangs Flattering Bob for Square Face
- 7. Short hairstyles for square faces over 40
Age is more of a risk factor than a benefit to most women. If you want to know about a woman’s age, try to ask them and see how hesitant they are in the first place, it is not that they don’t want to tell you how old they are, but they fear telling you the truth, so that moment of quietness, their brains will quickly subtract a few years and the answer will be on the table. In the above photo, I have featured a very beautiful lady who seems to be over 40yrs, it is my guess, so I can’t guarantee if she’s really above 40. However, that short pixie haircut makes her look younger and it flatters her square face shape in an amazing way. You can see how her jaws are well outlined, the pixie creates enough space for the face.
- 8. Silky Straight Hairstyle and Wig For Square Face
- 9. Straight Hairstyle and Wig for Square Faces
When it comes to formal haircuts, a short straight haircut like the one I have featured above will rock your style and flatter that face in an amazing way. It is very easy to maintain and style a straight haircut; all you need is a straightener, heat protectant, pair of scissors, wide toothed comb, good hair conditioner and cold water. With in 10 -15 minutes you will have a straight haircut. In the morning, simply spray or condition the hair just a little bit so that it stays moist and thick, dry it with a blower and then comb it with a wide toothed comb. On weekends, you can perfect the hairstyle by flattening it again. It is a very simple and easy hairstyle for busy women.
- 10. Wavy Short Hairstyle and Wig for Square Faces
- 11. Chic Straight Short Wavy Hairstyle for Square Face
If you opt for this medium length hairstyle, you can as well sweep the bang to the sides, this will create a new diagonal face shape and make you look different. Much as you have been comfortable with a square face, I suggest you try out some thing new. To cut a side swept bang, you need to trim the front band downwards; in this case, the upper section will be shorter than the lower section just like the lady in the photo above.
Medium haircuts look cute when you have thick hair, this will give you the option to make big waves just like the lady featured above. To grow thin hair thick, requires you to take some serious steps and these include;
– Change Diet ( eat proteins & vitamins)
– Change Lifestyle ( Exercise and reduce on stress)
– Avoid heated hair tools ( use natural methods to style hair)
– Use cold water to wash hair ( this gives it a thick volume)
– Use hair growth supplements ( opt for organic / all natural hair growth products)
– Trim your hair regularly ( this will encourage it to grow thick)
- 12. Short Bob Wig and Hairstyle Inspired by Victoria Beckham
- 13. Short hairstyles for square faces over 50
Once you hit 50yrs and above, some hairstyles will be out of your range, however, a short pixie will always be your best friend, you can as well style it and make some serious waves just like the lady in the photo above. On the other hand, you can bleach your hair to any favorable color of your choice. Red hair looks attractive, but don’t use bright red, the best option should be dark red dye because this will keep every thing calm and attractive, bright red dye is for young women like Rihanna.
- 14. White Blonde Hairstyle
- 15. Brown Short Hairstyle and Wig for Square Face